The Student Room Group

Part Time Job during AS Levels

Sorry if there's already a thread similar to this, but I couldn't find it :colondollar:

Basically, I've just taken a job which is a 0 hour contract because at the interview they made it seem as though it would be 3 hour shifts so I thought it wouldn't be too damaging to my revision.

However, I had my induction and I've now already been roped into two evening shifts and an 8 hour Sunday shift, which is seriously stressing me out because if this is going to be what they want from me, I'm never going to have time to revise?!

So I was just wondering whether you think I should quit, or maybe tell them that I won't work more than say, 6 hours a week, or just put up with it??
It's 0 hours. I'm on one too. As such, they cannot force you to work - just tell them what you're available for and how many hours you're willing to do. If you need to revise, just tell them you can't do it. When I had my A2 exams coming up last summer I got my shifts reduced to once per week, on a Sunday 6-11am.
is this sportsdirect??
places that give you an 0 hour contract will try and get you to work loads of shifts and take advantage. however, due to the nature of your contract, you're not required to work any of these. just let them know what you can or cannot work and they should be fine with it.
Original post by notyous
Sorry if there's already a thread similar to this, but I couldn't find it :colondollar:

Basically, I've just taken a job which is a 0 hour contract because at the interview they made it seem as though it would be 3 hour shifts so I thought it wouldn't be too damaging to my revision.

However, I had my induction and I've now already been roped into two evening shifts and an 8 hour Sunday shift, which is seriously stressing me out because if this is going to be what they want from me, I'm never going to have time to revise?!

So I was just wondering whether you think I should quit, or maybe tell them that I won't work more than say, 6 hours a week, or just put up with it??

If you organise your time, you can fit in both work and revision.
Reply 4
Hi i have an interview in two days any tips? or questions they may ask!!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending