The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Offer from RVC!!!! on my birthday!!!!!!
yay! RVC is the best, come to RVC! :biggrin:
well done on all your offers... but don't fret if you don't have one yet... i got mine in February!:rolleyes:
Reply 22
congratulations!! Im very jelous! I no wot ya mean saturday girl! I was interviewed at Bristol on the 22nd and Im on hold too! I wish the whole process was alot quicker!
Reply 23
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Im sooooo jealous! Well done everyone whos got offers!!! Just checking, when did you have your interviews? Want to know how long im gonna have to wait before i get rejected lol. xx
Reply 24
i had my interview on the 9th of november
Reply 25
I haven't Had any interview. I must be a poor applicant waiting to be rejected, just waiting.
Reply 26
Oh dear! I had mine on the 21st! lol, maybe theyre waiting for the right moment to say get lost! lol
Reply 27
Dont wurry emuron I havent had an interview there yet either! They interview till Feb/March suposedly dont wurry!
Reply 28
Hehe, I remember this from last year! I suggest you hold fire on the party front until you've finished your exams!!

Just remember that getting the offer isn't the end of putting in hard work. Not only do you have to get your results but you then 5 years of very hard slog and, believe me, the first term (which we finish on monday with an MCQ test) is too long (demoralising), with very little respite from science (unless the structure is changing for you guys?! Which I've heard but cant really confirm!) and nearly no importance in a clinical field or to animal medicine (save for Embryology of course, which has been the highlight of every week for the last 3months!!). So many people are feeling like they just want to start the christmas break and get away from this place. (obviously I can only speak from a london point of view! the whole uni is great and you make loads of friends and will have a good time going out, but without a half term you do get a bit down by the end of the autumn term.)

On a lighter note, if you're coming to London then there is a student pub night on every night of the week, although no union, which is a downside, but £1 a pint at other places easily compensates! you also have a huge amount of people to meet and make friends with, there's always something social going on and we have sports teams and clubs involved in most things.
Oren
Hehe, I remember this from last year! I suggest you hold fire on the party front until you've finished your exams!!

On a lighter note, if you're coming to London then there is a student pub night on every night of the week, although no union, which is a downside, but £1 a pint at other places easily compensates! you also have a huge amount of people to meet and make friends with, there's always something social going on and we have sports teams and clubs involved in most things.

Awww Tom that's not very encouraging for all these future first years!
First term is basically all about revising what you already know and adding a bit more knowledge on top. It's also mainly about getting to know people and finding great places to go to... and don't worry, as he said, there are quite a few!
Now bring on Second term and dissections! woohoo

(and good luck to all you guys!)
Reply 30
Got an offer at RVC.....AAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 31
well done everyone, :biggrin:
I got an offer for ABB at RVC! I'M GOING TO BE A VET!
Reply 33
DartsOfPleasure
I got an offer for ABB at RVC! I'M GOING TO BE A VET!

Congratulations. This is an exciting developement for you - Well Done!
This is an exciting developement for you

That's a bit of an interesting comment...:biggrin: I'm ecstatic - earlier this year I wasn't even sure what I wanted to do with my life. My form teacher even advised that I should go with Product Design, which was my other option. I'm so happy! And to get ABB wasn't even in my mind after I did my interview - I would have been over the moon with AAA. At least I know all the hard work I did was worth it in the end
I've got AAB from Bristol!
It's mad, I can't believe we're finally getting offers - seems like this all we've been working towards for years...
Can't stop smiling!!!
Reply 36
DartsOfPleasure
This is an exciting developement for you

That's a bit of an interesting comment...:biggrin: I'm ecstatic - earlier this year I wasn't even sure what I wanted to do with my life. My form teacher even advised that I should go with Product Design, which was my other option. I'm so happy! And to get ABB wasn't even in my mind after I did my interview - I would have been over the moon with AAA. At least I know all the hard work I did was worth it in the end

Lol I meant its good for you.

I was being overly nasty to people as I havent got an interview yet, and I hope you agree, it is an intresting developement for you. I was gonna put about Ill be watching you. But thats a step into stalkerism which I dont think your quite ready for.

Did I mention Im clinically Insane? (Joke)

Anyway well done all people. Have fun, be safe and use protection (I.e. revision cause you won't get into the place if you don't get your results eh?)
Reply 37
Additional comment: Doesn't any else always think Edinburgh is spelt wrong? I always think it should have an o in it somewhere.
Haha! I'm the queen of stalkers, so trust me, I would quite enjoy it. My friends have labelled me as clinically perverted (just today, I rolled an umbrella in somebodies crotch) therefore I'd say we'd make a good combo.

I havn't head a peep from my other 2 uni's that I applied to, so that must make you feel a little better?
Reply 39
Woohoo! Unconditional offer from edinburgh. Sometimes it's nice to be a graduate!

Latest

Trending

Trending