The Student Room Group

help. please.

I met a girl roughly a month and a bit ago, and first time I met her, I didn't really feel much. As I spoke to her more, I've realised I started to like her, I had mixed signals about what she felt but my friends really convinced me that she liked me. She also has a boyfriend but she said she wasn't really happy with him. We then had a party, just our little group, and the next day I found out from my friends that she didnt really like me. I then confessed my feelings on a 12 minute recording saying how I felt about her, and how I knew she didnt like me the same way, and I told her I couldn't speak to her anymore because it hurt me too much knowing that I'll only ever be 'just friends' with her, and I said I had to distance myself in order to get over her. She understands but I know she cares deeply about me and loves me (but in a best friend way) and its hurting her that I'm leaving because everyone never sticks around long with her. I'm now kind of regretting leaving her because I really want to be there for her and I wish if I could just get rid of my feelings and just be friends I would. It'll be hard but I don't know if I should just go back to being friends with her (even though I still feel the same way I do about her) and just be there for her and be a good friend. I just want her to be happy. What do I do ;'(

Scroll to see replies

A 12 minute recording? :lolwut:
Original post by CherryWine
A 12 minute recording? :lolwut:

a sound recording:yep:
Original post by anonymouspsych0

Why on earth...
How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What made you think this was a good idea?
What made you think this was a good idea?

Ringing her was too much, and I thought a text was just a ****ty thing to do, so I recorded myself, **** knows, she was crying through the whole thing.
Original post by ruthlessv
grow a pair

Oh really, I have a pair.. In fact, your mum actually knows them pretty well :smile:
Oh really, I have a pair.. In fact, your mum actually knows them pretty well :smile:

would be
Ringing her was too much, and I thought a text was just a ****ty thing to do, so I recorded myself, **** knows, she was crying through the whole thing.

A love letter? Much more romantic than a recording lol

wouldn't be saying that if you listened to it😂

Unless you have terrible handwriting
(Source- personal experience)

Posted from TSR Mobile
wouldn't be saying that if you listened to it😂

Did you include heavy breathing and dramatic weeping?
Original post by Wait, what?
Unless you have terrible handwriting
(Source- personal experience)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have personal experience of that too, not great - still better than a recording though :biggrin:
Did you include heavy breathing and dramatic weeping?

deep breathing yes. dramatic weeping no😂
Yeah I have personal experience of that too, not great - still better than a recording though :biggrin:

True, a recording is a little more cringey haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
deep breathing yes. dramatic weeping no😂

Oh no. Well its not as bad as it could've been I suppose :redface:

you will look back on this and regret making that recording. I say just be her friend
OP, how old are you? The answer changes my advice so say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you will look back on this and regret making that recording. I say just be her friend

And somehow get back that recording and delete it

Quick Reply