The Student Room Group

Applied ICT June 2015 Unit 7

Hey guys. Couldn't find a thread for Applied ICT June 2015 so I decided to make one.
If anyone has any resources plz do share on this thread. The Scenario (Conaught College - Pastoral Care System) was issued yesterday.

Scroll to see replies

Looks a bit like the weekend runners club
is it a seven OR eight table solution!?!?!?
Original post by wtfamidoing
is it a seven OR eight table solution!?!?!?
its 4 or 5

Student
Teacher
Pastoral issues
Pastoral staff

Then maybe
Pastoral group ( I don't think I need this)
Reply 4
Is there any chance I could see it?
Reply 5
Anyone know when the data files r coming out for this exam or even if we get any?
Just seen it . 4 or 5 table solution .
Student
Teacher
Pastoral issues
Pastoral tutor details
Reply 7
Is there anywhere I could see it?
Reply 8
I can't access the 2015 unit 7 pre-release scenario from the edexcel website - it's locked. Can anyone upload this?
Reply 9
Original post by Dillonv
Anyone know when the data files r coming out for this exam or even if we get any?

We don't have access to the data files till the day of the exam as far as I know..:/ we only get to see the scenario..
Reply 10
Original post by Amer Javed
We don't have access to the data files till the day of the exam as far as I know..:/ we only get to see the scenario..

is this the same for last year because for unit2 we got given them
Reply 11
Original post by Dillonv
is this the same for last year because for unit2 we got given them

If you have access to the data files then plz send me a link too!
I've attached the pre-release file, in case anyone doesn't have access to it. I think it will likely be five tables - students, teachers, tutors, issues, student/teacher issues (link table), but I don't know for sure. Adding the security check at the beginning should be interesting, depending on how they ask for it in the exam. There are not usually an pre-release data files to practice with, just the scenario.
Reply 13
I had a look at this yesterday and have put something together on paper only for now. I intend to use data in the next couple of days. I think it will be four/five tables and there will be a log in to start of with. I will attach my thoughts so far. Feel free to add comment. Remember these are my own ideas and could be wrong.
Reply 14
have you seen the exam ICT ALEVEL 2015??????? LIKE IM DOING IT TOMORROW!
Reply 15
What exam are you talkin about? The Applied ICT window is from 4th-22nd may.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Amer Javed
What exam are you talkin about? The Applied ICT window is from 4th-22nd may.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im from spain and im taking ALEVEL APPLIED ICT from Cambridge, practical paper. Please if you have any helpful tips, do tell me. THANK YOU
So far I have got tables for

Students - PersonalTutorUsername as composite key to define tutor group
Teachers
Personal Tutors
Subject
Issues

and then link some of these tables to form tables:

Subjects Taken - StudentID, SubjectID
Pastoral Issues - StudentID, TeacherUsername, IssueID, AdditionalComments

:smile:
Reply 18
Been working on more stuff today for this, trying to have a go at practice data and putting something together in a database. Possible relationship and tables below. Although I do think there could be more tables. Still haven't thought about how the tutors would login, would this be another table do we think? for usernames and passwords?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, im doing this exam too, anymore ideas or suggestions about what will be in the exam????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending