The Student Room Group

MMU Speech Pathology and Therapy undergraduate offer holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lucasl1986
I'm. Coming from bury so not to far away just hoping the rush hour commute isn't to hellish x

Yes I'm hoping the same too, won't be bad when we have 10am starts but the 9am starts will be much worse!
Reply 61
Hi,

I've just come across and wanted to say hello!

I will be another of the oldies at 26! I've recently got engaged and am getting married two weeks before this course starts so life is very manic at the minute! Excited about going back to uni but planning the wedding is taking up most of my time at the minute so it doesn't feel real yet!

Emma :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by emma216
Hi,

I will be another of the oldies at 26! I've recently got engaged and am getting married two weeks before this course starts so life is very manic at the minute! Excited about going back to uni but planning the wedding is taking up most of my time at the minute so it doesn't feel real yet!

Hey Emma :smile: yaaay another oldie, I'll be 26 a few months after starting! Wow congratulations on your wedding, how crazy but exciting! What a wonderful year for you. I look forward to meeting you :smile:

Mandee x
Hello all. Has anyone been in for there dbs check or applied for finance?? Xx
Reply 64

I haven't been in yet, going next month :smile: I have applied for my finance and been approved :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by emma216
Hi,

Congratulations!!! Wow it's a pretty amazing year for you!

There's going to be way more "older" people there than I first expected! I'm 19 and just completing a third year at college! I only know of one other person so far that's 18-19!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66

I've done neither yet! I'm doing my NHS bursary this weekend - I have done student finance though, I think that was the easier part though!
I'm going to go in for my DBS after all my exams are done, save the stress for a later date hehe!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
I've done neither yet! I'm doing my NHS bursary this weekend - I have done student finance though, I think that was the easier part though!
I'm going to go in for my DBS after all my exams are done, save the stress for a later date hehe!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put off the DBS check until after exams too - they won't actually send it off until after results day anyway when your offer goes unconditional.

I will only be 19 too when you start/join me - its my 19th birthday this weekend!

Hope the revision is going well - I have my first exam next week - yikes!! Can't believe I am nearly one year into the course it's gone so fast.

Keep working hard
Reply 68
Original post by AmyPilot
I put off the DBS check until after exams too - they won't actually send it off until after results day anyway when your offer goes unconditional.

I will only be 19 too when you start/join me - its my 19th birthday this weekend!

Hope the revision is going well - I have my first exam next week - yikes!! Can't believe I am nearly one year into the course it's gone so fast.

Keep working hard

Ahh HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
And yeyy!! Someone else the same age!!

Ooo good luck!! I'm sure you are going to ace it!
Thank you! I had a slight breakdown yesterday but feel so much better for it today haha!
Six weeks on Friday until my last exam is over!!! Wahoo!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Ahh HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
And yeyy!! Someone else the same age!!

Ooo good luck!! I'm sure you are going to ace it!
Thank you! I had a slight breakdown yesterday but feel so much better for it today haha!
Six weeks on Friday until my last exam is over!!! Wahoo!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks! And don't worry about ages - it's such a mixed group and I am probably closer to the "mature" students - not really a party girl!

4 exams, preparing my professional portfolio and one final assessment to go! Been a bit chaotic for deadlines just lately but the light is at the end of the tunnel

And don't worry 6 weeks will fly by! Then it's the excruciating wait for results - gosh I still tremble when I remember that.

Glad you are over the small wobble - all will be good from now on I am sure xx
Reply 70
Oh thanks! And don't worry about ages - it's such a mixed group and I am probably closer to the "mature" students - not really a party girl!

4 exams, preparing my professional portfolio and one final assessment to go! Been a bit chaotic for deadlines just lately but the light is at the end of the tunnel

And don't worry 6 weeks will fly by! Then it's the excruciating wait for results - gosh I still tremble when I remember that.

Glad you are over the small wobble - all will be good from now on I am sure xx

That's good to hear - I'm not really a party person either! Would much rather just make myself a cuppa and watch Disney movies haha!!

Wow, sounds like you're a busy bee! Good luck with it all!
Ahh the wait for results! Does the worry ever end?!?? Hehe at least it's all out of my control by that point - just got to wait and see what happens!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
That's good to hear - I'm not really a party person either! Would much rather just make myself a cuppa and watch Disney movies haha!!

Wow, sounds like you're a busy bee! Good luck with it all!
Ahh the wait for results! Does the worry ever end?!?? Hehe at least it's all out of my control by that point - just got to wait and see what happens!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll have a coke with the Disney movie please!

Thanks - just keep ticking away at the "To Do" list!

You're right, the stress seems endless - but whatever the outcome it will all be worth it - just hope you get your first choice and I am sure you will!

I have a placement at the end of June - looking forward to that to finish the year off - working with a speech therapist in a SEN school.

See you around.
Can we ask the nhs to reimburse the costs for our travel to placements or do we have to pay for it ourselves?
Original post by bfarrar21
Can we ask the nhs to reimburse the costs for our travel to placements or do we have to pay for it ourselves?

You get reimbursed for anything over your usual costs of getting to uni - for instance I walk to uni from my halls so get 100% back. It takes a few weeks though.
You get reimbursed for anything over your usual costs of getting to uni - for instance I walk to uni from my halls so get 100% back. It takes a few weeks though.

Oh that's good then! I was under the impression that we didn't get any of it back!
Oh that's good then! I was under the impression that we didn't get any of it back!

Glad I was able to help/put your mind at rest!

Presume you have firmed MMU then - are you looking forward to starting?
Glad I was able to help/put your mind at rest!

Presume you have firmed MMU then - are you looking forward to starting?

Yes you did thanks! Yeah I'm really looking forward to it, just hoping I won't find the workload too much
Yes you did thanks! Yeah I'm really looking forward to it, just hoping I won't find the workload too much

Don't worry - it starts off calm(ish) but be warned gets a bit crazy from Feb-May!
Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself as I've perused through all your messages hah!

I'm Lauren and I'm 25 and have firmed MMU. So glad I'm not going to be older than everyone else was a tad worried about that! I've been a teaching assistant for a year so reallly happy to get back to uni. :-)

Has anyone heard back about their NHS bursary yet? Also was wondering if anyone already had a previous degree too as I'm pretty sure it means I'll get no help from Student Finance which is lame hah.

Excited to meet you all in September!
Original post by lauren1213
Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself as I've perused through all your messages hah!

I'm Lauren and I'm 25 and have firmed MMU. So glad I'm not going to be older than everyone else was a tad worried about that! I've been a teaching assistant for a year so reallly happy to get back to uni. :-)

Has anyone heard back about their NHS bursary yet? Also was wondering if anyone already had a previous degree too as I'm pretty sure it means I'll get no help from Student Finance which is lame hah.

Excited to meet you all in September!

Hi Lauren

Don't worry about age - there are a lot of "mature" students.

I am coming to the end of my first year at MMU on the joint psychology & speech pathology course so will be having some lectures with you next year.

What was your first degree in? Do you live close to Manchester or will you be moving?

Quick Reply

Latest