The Student Room Group

Problematic decision

Hi,
I have offers from the university of Dundee and Aberdeen and I can't decide between the two of them. I am an EU applicant. Which university is more prestigious in the UK? Is it difficult to find a part-time job in Dundee and in Aberdeen? I don't want to live in halls and I would like to find a room with other students. Is it hard to find it (for example through gumtree or some other websites)? Which university would you choose?
Aberdeen is bigger and more prosperous
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Aberdeen is bigger and more prosperous

Is university better too?
Original post by sophie2411
Is university better too?

depends on the course you're hoping to study, this site http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings ranks unis depending on the course
Original post by sophie2411
Hi,
I have offers from the university of Dundee and Aberdeen and I can't decide between the two of them. I am an EU applicant. Which university is more prestigious in the UK? Is it difficult to find a part-time job in Dundee and in Aberdeen? I don't want to live in halls and I would like to find a room with other students. Is it hard to find it (for example through gumtree or some other websites)? Which university would you choose?

Aberdeen is much more prestigious - it's one of the oldest universities in Scotland!

As for prices, it's extremely expensive up here - second to London I believe. So, be aware of that and be prepared to pay a lot of money for your living arrangements.

(I've lived here for 10 years)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would pick aberdeen hands down! I don't like Dundee at all. Aberdeen uni is far more prestigious though as the above poster said it can be challenging to find cheaper accommodation. It's possible though, my rent and bills are under £400 a month for a city centre flat ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest