The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Question- Lancaster Applicant

I'm thinking of firming Lancaster University for my course (english literature) but I just thought of something that I never got a chance to ask on the open day that I attended...

Where do you guys go for music gigs/concerts?

One of my favourite things to do is to go to gigs or concerts and I just thought about the fact that I don't really know what's in Lancaster, do you guys go to Manchester for this or somewhere else?
Original post by hayleycx
I'm thinking of firming Lancaster University for my course (english literature) but I just thought of something that I never got a chance to ask on the open day that I attended...

One of my favourite things to do is to go to gigs or concerts and I just thought about the fact that I don't really know what's in Lancaster, do you guys go to Manchester for this or somewhere else?

Hey :smile: I'm thinking of firming lancs for English Lit (and creative writing) too... whilst i did not ask this question specifically, someone in my tour group asked about music events and i believe that there is actually live music on campus at least once a week... i think in Pendle

As for the in city I 'm not sure - but would also like to know....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

There's a great live music scene in town and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a gig of some sort on every night at at least one venue. Sometimes there are performances on campus. Graduate bar puts on an annual beer festival and usually has some great bands. Pendle college sometimes puts on student bands. "Live At The Oak", if it's still running, is weekly music at County bar. LUSU organises the annual battle of the bands which has heats at various campus bars then the final at Sugarhouse. Speaking of which, LUSU sometimes puts on DJ sets from moderately well known DJs at the Sugarhouse. Not my thing personally, but they are popular events.

Manchester is one train ride away and a coach ride back if that isn't enough for you. Big touring bands don't come to Lancaster but smaller ones sometimes do - it depends on how interested the local promoters are in that particular artist.
Reply 3
Original post by Manitude
There's a great live music scene in town and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a gig of some sort on every night at at least one venue. Sometimes there are performances on campus. Graduate bar puts on an annual beer festival and usually has some great bands. Pendle college sometimes puts on student bands. "Live At The Oak", if it's still running, is weekly music at County bar. LUSU organises the annual battle of the bands which has heats at various campus bars then the final at Sugarhouse. Speaking of which, LUSU sometimes puts on DJ sets from moderately well known DJs at the Sugarhouse. Not my thing personally, but they are popular events.

Manchester is one train ride away and a coach ride back if that isn't enough for you. Big touring bands don't come to Lancaster but smaller ones sometimes do - it depends on how interested the local promoters are in that particular artist.

This is really helpful, thankyou!
This is really helpful, thankyou!

No problem. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I studied at Lancaster for four years so I'm pretty familiar with how things work beyond the academic side. I'm also coming back this October to do a new course. I didn't study English though so I can't talk about the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending