The Student Room Group

Who was first to Palestine? Palestinians or Israelis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
Israel never specifically fired at Civilians, thery fired at suspected Hamas targets, but Hamas uses human shields, and Israel can't just sit there and do nothing can it.

It's Israel's fault for being persecuted for thousands of years and just wanting one country they could peacefully live in?

Little kids playing on beaches and UN schools are very different to Hamas targets, yet they are bombarded nevertheless. And Israel hasn't existed for thousands of years, it was created in 1948.
Reply 21
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Zionism is not a religious movement. At all. Theodore Herzl wasn't religious at all either.

Thats like saying the crusades weren't a religious movement.
Original post by Durance
Sure, thats what the Israeli media says.

Read: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/middleeast/article4392976.ece
Original post by Durance
Which were backed, influenced and financed by Zionists.

No they are not, non-Jews have to go through hell just to buy some land, stop lying.

The Israeli militias had the backing of the UN, the UN isn't ran by Zionists.
Original post by Durance
Thats like saying the crusades weren't a religious movement.

I hope you're not as stupid as this post. I'm going to give you one chance to re-think what you've just posted. If you don't rectify, I'm not debating any more with you. I don't like debating against ignorants.
Original post by grandmasterchief
Little kids playing on beaches and UN schools are very different to Hamas targets, yet they are bombarded nevertheless. And Israel hasn't existed for thousands of years, it was created in 1948.

Palestine hasn't existed either. It's just a geographical region.

People seem to believe the IDF has some sadistic obsession with killing Palestinian children, but apparently Israel isn't the only one who misfires its rockets ocassionally: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/middleeast/article4392976.ece
I'm starting to think your a Arab troll.

The Israeli militias had the backing of the UN, the UN isn't ran by Zionists.

Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other country in the world AND they get away with it.

They are near Hamas targets, and their families support Hamas most likely. I agree murder is wrong here, and I agree Israel has genuinely made mistakes, but you have to realise how passionate the Israeli people are - Israel is the only country they've ever had, why should they lose it now?

-COUGH- THE ANCIENT KINGDOM OF ISRAEL -COUGH-
Zionism is not a religious movement. At all. Theodore Herzl wasn't religious at all either.

You can't have a serious discussion about Zionism on this website, just full of little militant Pakistani boys who don't seem to realise just how extreme racism towards South Asians (and indeed Black people) is in the Arab world. You could be a White Islamophobe and they would still love you in Saudi, you have to laugh :rofl:

Herzl was a leftist who seemed to really like Arabs and wanted to cooperate with them, rather than a firebrand who wanted to bomb them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other country in the world AND they get away with it.

Because the UN is weak and useless generally speaking.

They get away with it, because no one with morals wants to support Hamas - a terrorist group.
Original post by Durance
Oh, whatever will you do, you've tried insults, you've tried shilling, but the bad goyim just won't listen

Wow this is such a great comment for the debate :smile:
Reply 31
They are near Hamas targets, and their families support Hamas most likely. I agree murder is wrong here, and I agree Israel has genuinely made mistakes, but you have to realise how passionate the Israeli people are - Israel is the only country they've ever had, why should they lose it now?

They all had countries before Israel, they left them to displace a people who had actually lived there for thousands of years rather than some vague religious claim.

The state of Israel as we know it today was created in 1948. There is scarcely any archaeological evidence that the Israelis today are from 'the ancient kingdom of Israel'.
Original post by Durance
They all had countries before Israel, they left them to displace a people who had actually lived there for thousands of years rather than some vague religious claim.

-COUGH- The ancient kingdom of israel -COUGH-

The Palestinians are only their because of ottomans, and the ottomans because of the fall of rome, and rome owned it because of the fall of the kingdom of israel.
Original post by Durance
No they are not, non-Jews have to go through hell just to buy some land, stop lying.

And you know this because...?
I promise lying isn't making you more correct. 25% of Israel's population is non-Jewish, and, trust me, they don't go 'through hell' to have a house there. I know many non-Jews living in Israel and they are happy there.
The state of Israel as we know it today was created in 1948. There is scarcely any archaeological evidence that the Israelis today are from 'the ancient kingdom of Israel'.

The British inherited of ottomans, who took it from the omans, who took it from the kingdom of israel.

The palestinians have never owned Israel.

Incorrect. The Western Wall itself is solid evidence of the presence of a Jewish state many centuries ago. Not to talk about the Dead Sea Scrolls and many other documents and landmarks which proof Israel did exist before.
The British inherited of ottomans, who took it from the omans, who took it from the kingdom of israel.

The palestinians have never owned Israel.

You don't understand. The Israelis living in Israel TODAY have no ties to the Ancient Israel. And even if they did, what kind of logic is that?? If my family owned a house many many years ago, I can't go claim it now just bc it used to belong to them!!!
(edited 9 years ago)

What if a homeless person moved into your home against your wishes and was allowed to stay because it was the only home they've ever had.
Incorrect. The Western Wall itself is solid evidence of the presence of a Jewish state many centuries ago. Not to talk about the Dead Sea Scrolls and many other documents and landmarks which proof Israel did exist before.

Undoubtedly Israel existed before..Just not inhabited by Israelis as we know them today. The majority of them come from Eastern Europe..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending