The Student Room Group

Who was first to Palestine? Palestinians or Israelis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I can assure you this is not true. It is true that Jews, because they can acquire the Israeli passport almost immediately, pay less tax if they're buying their first home. But that's it!

The Jewish National Fund would only sell land to Jews until 2007, when a court order finally said they had to sell to non-Jews. Even after that, the government has guaranteed that whenever non-Jews buy JNF land, it will "compensate" the JNF with the same amount sold, while of course no similar procedure exists for when Jews buy JNF land.
Original post by anarchism101
The Ancient Kingdom of Israel fell in 720 BCE. The Romans wouldn't get there for another 650 years. In the meantime it would be under the control of the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Alexander the Great, and the Selucids.

And even if we count the Byzantines as Romans, the Romans left in the 7th Century, about 900 years before the Ottomans conquered Palestine; during that time it was also controlled by the Persians again, the Caliphates, Seljuks, Crusaders, Saladin, and the Mamluks.

Kind of helped prove my point really.
Original post by wsxcde
Lol you are so clueless. Here's a video of Israel using white phosphorus (which is illegal to use against civilians and counts as chemical warfare) against a crowded city of civilians. And murdering lots of people. Israel is a genocide criminal state nothing more to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHYOkCmEjFA and these are the zionists of israel chanting for murder of palestinians https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPWi6x8HshM and this is miko peled the son of an israeli general telling the truth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaxAckFCuQ

So watch and learn and eat your words please because being so wrong on this subject matter and defensive of Israel is offensive.

"lol"

These civilians support Hamas, they therefore support Jewish genocide and are therefore no different to Hamas.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Yeah because its a Jewish state right? Secular for jews sure.

Ermmmm...

Secular for Christians..

Secular for muslims..

I'm afraid your point is making no sense
Original post by Jonn_Snowed
What if a homeless person moved into your home against your wishes and was allowed to stay because it was the only home they've ever had.

Then I'd call the police and say a homeless person has broken in, or remove them myself, it's my house - I own it.
Original post by Durance
There is no Jewish race, you're just a a White, Asian, or African who worships a different religion. It isn't your homeland, your homeland is whichever country your grandparents come from before Israel was invented.

There is no Christian or Islamic race, just countries where the majority believe in that religion.

I think you'll find legally it is a ethnic group

The Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים ISO 259-3 Yehudim, Israeli pronunciation [jehuˈdim]), also known as the Jewish people, are an ethno-cultural[18][19][20] and ethnoreligious group[21]originating from the historical Israelites of the Ancient Near East.
Reply 66
Original post by Durance
Israelis are mostly just Eastern European immigrants. Palestinians are Levant people who have lived there for centuries.

This, and they've mixed with Europeans so much that their racial identify is questionable.
Original post by Durance
There is no Jewish race, you're just a a White, Asian, or African who worships a different religion. It isn't your homeland, your homeland is whichever country your grandparents come from before Israel was invented.

There is no Christian or Islamic race, just countries where the majority believe in that religion.

White, Asian or African?

Are the folks in Latin America a myth?
Reply 68
Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
"lol"

These civilians support Hamas, they therefore support Jewish genocide and are therefore no different to Hamas.

Jewish 'genocide'
Is that what Jews accuse of anybody they dislike? Israel have killed many, many, many more Arabs than Hamas has killed Jews
Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
Kind of helped prove my point really.

How? When you consider the sheer number of different states that have owned what is now Israel and Palestine at various points in history, it becomes ridiculous to talk of some 'historic right' of the world Jewish population as a whole to the territory.
Original post by anarchism101
The Ancient Kingdom of Israel fell in 720 BCE. The Romans wouldn't get there for another 650 years. In the meantime it would be under the control of the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Alexander the Great, and the Selucids
you are forgetting two independent Jewish Kingdoms after 720 BC :

-the Kingdom of Judah (930-586 BC)

-the Hasmonean Kingdom (140-37 BC)
Original post by mariachi
you are forgetting two independent Jewish Kingdoms after 720 BC :

-the Kingdom of Judah (930-586 BC)

-the Hasmonean Kingdom (140-37 BC)

I did consider mentioning the Hasmoneans, but decided to leave it considering the bulk of that time they were a vassal state to either the Selucids or the Romans, and didn't want to overcomplicate things.

True, Judah lasted a little bit longer, and after the list would be similar, but the previous poster referred specifically to Israel so I addressed that.
If you ever wondered how religion is evil, wonder no more. Everyday innocent kids die because two groups think their own delusion is the "real truth".
Original post by Hickory Dickory
If you ever wondered how religion is evil, wonder no more. Everyday innocent kids die because two groups think their own delusion is the "real truth".

The matter here is not of religion, it's a legal matter. Israel as it exists today, is not in accordance to the International Laws.
Original post by grandmasterchief
The matter here is not of religion, it's a legal matter. Israel as it exists today, is not in accordance to the International Laws.

Are you ****ing serious? Why do you think the jews want the land?
Reply 75
afghan tings no lie
Isn't it obvious from the name? PALESTINIANS for PALESTINE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinaa
afghan tings no lie

do you go on every thread doing this?

afghan life innit
More probably it was an early hominid group, whether or not a creation of god, of course they wouldn't have any claim over the land. Life did not start with Adam and Eve, so justification of who's land is who's should start with early cellular life forms.
Original post by Boo-Urns
Palestinians and Israelis are the same 'race' so to speak. Jewish people from Europe moved into the Israel-Palestine area after WW2 at a time when it was under British rule which started the fighting.

Some Jewish people moved from Europe to Palestine, however a majority of Israelis today are descended from Middle Eastern Jews (most of whom were expelled from lands like Iraq by Muslims)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending