The Student Room Group

Who was first to Palestine? Palestinians or Israelis?

Who was first to Palestine? Palestinians or Israelis? Why are they fighting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Palestinians and Israelis are the same 'race' so to speak. Jewish people from Europe moved into the Israel-Palestine area after WW2 at a time when it was under British rule which started the fighting.
Even the Jews don't claim to be first - their scriptures say they wiped out the previous inhabitants - but Israel is an historically attested antique state. Arabs and Islam came much later, in the second half of the 1st millennium. Settling this by primacy is not very likely to work, I think.
Reply 3
Israelis, probably.
Reply 4
Israelis are mostly just Eastern European immigrants. Palestinians are Levant people who have lived there for centuries.
Reply 5
Original post by Durance
Israelis are mostly just Eastern European immigrants. Palestinians are Levant people who have lived there for centuries.

correcto
The Ashkenazi tribe originally come from Eastern Europe, most of whom emigrated to Palestine after ww2. The Palestinians are Levant people who have lived in their country for centuries. Israelis will argue that they are the indigenous people, backing that up with very little archaeological proof. However, since they claim that it is the 'state of the Jewish People', this contradicts their argument. Judaism is a religion not a race.
They are fighting now usually because the leaders of Palestine are Hamas, Hamas are a terrorist group whom use their own people as human shields and want to see the death of every Jewish man, woman and child - they believe Jews to have caused every war and revolution, they see Jews as filth. Palestine every now and then fires rockets at Israel, which usually fail and hit a random sign, to which the Israeli's rightfully fire rockets back in self-defence
Reply 8
Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
They are fighting now usually because the leaders of Palestine are Hamas, Hamas are a terrorist group whom use their own people as human shields and want to see the death of every Jewish man, woman and child - they believe Jews to have caused every war and revolution, they see Jews as filth. Palestine every now and then fires rockets at Israel, which usually fail and hit a random sign, to which the Israeli's rightfully fire rockets back in self-defence

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post

Yet in the last war, Israel's 'self defence' killed 2100 people most of them civilians with a further 9000 injured...Hamas' rockets killed 78 Israelis most of them soldiers...I disagree with many of Hamas' policies including their random rocket fire but you cannot call that self defence. And if you imprison many people in an open air prison for decades (Gaza) where they don't have basic necessities, it's only logical that extremist groups will arise. It's Israel's fault that a group like Hamas exists...
Original post by Durance
Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post

Are you implying im Mossad?

Are you implying I'm Jewish?

Are you implying im a Zionist?

I'm none of them, I'm a Atheist Brit. I just have common sense ( I also dont have a problem with muslims either, I hate all religious extremism equally )
Reply 11
Are you implying im Mossad?

Are you implying I'm Jewish?

Are you implying im a Zionist?

I'm none of them, I'm a Atheist Brit. I just have common sense ( I also dont have a problem with muslims either, I hate all religious extremism equally )

Israel as a state exists due to religious extremism, so you're either a hypocrite or a liar
Original post by grandmasterchief
Yet in the last war, Israel's 'self defence' killed 2100 people most of them civilians with a further 9000 injured...Hamas' rockets killed 78 Israelis most of them soldiers...I disagree with many of Hamas' policies including their random rocket fire but you cannot call that self defence. And if you imprison many people in an open air prison for decades (Gaza) where they don't have basic necessities, it's only logical that extremist groups will arise. It's Israel's fault that a group like Hamas exists...

This. If you cage a group of people without basic needs such as water and food and electricity, Gazans will retaliate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grandmasterchief

Israel never specifically fired at Civilians, thery fired at suspected Hamas targets, but Hamas uses human shields, and Israel can't just sit there and do nothing can it.

It's Israel's fault for being persecuted for thousands of years and just wanting one country they could peacefully live in?
Original post by Durance
Israel as a state exists due to religious extremism, so you're either a hypocrite or a liar

Are you confused about history?

Israel exists because of the UN resolutions, and Israel militia.

And on your idiotic point about religion, Israel's government is a very secular government, it in fact tries to keep religion out of politics.
Reply 15
Israel never specifically fired at Civilians, thery fired at suspected Hamas targets, but Hamas uses human shields, and Israel can't just sit there and do nothing can it.

It's Israel's fault for being persecuted for thousands of years and just wanting one country they could peacefully live in?

Sure, thats what the Israeli media says.
Reply 16
Are you confused about history?

Israel exists because of the UN resolutions, and Israel militia.

And on your idiotic point about religion, Israel's government is a very secular government, it in fact tries to keep religion out of politics.

Which were backed, influenced and financed by Zionists.

No they are not, non-Jews have to go through hell just to buy some land, stop lying.
Original post by Onde
I see several posts seeing this issue in nationalistic terms, even though both populations invariably think they have a god-given right to the land that transcends insignificant things such as the UN.

The roots of the conflict have a fairly strong connection to both Arab and Jewish nationalism.
Original post by Durance

Zionism is not a religious movement. At all. Theodore Herzl wasn't religious at all either.
Original post by Durance
Sure, thats what the Israeli media says.

Are you suffering some form of madness?

I live in Britain, I've never watched Israeli media in my life.

The formation of Israel is well recorded in UN sources, you can make up theories all you like, the truth is the truth and your wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending