The Student Room Group

How do I start revising for Science?

I have got my Biology, Chemistry and Physics exams in May/June and there is a lot to revise(Learn) and due to coursework and a lack of motivation I haven't started revision yet. I am aiming for As/A*s. What shall I do in order to learn and revise everything in time for exams???? Thanks- Any help will be appreciated.
I just need to get started revising... Is it too late to start revising???
what I'm doing is trying loads of past papers to see what i know and then going over what i don't know in detail :smile:
If you haven't started revising yet you defiantly should start really soon but there are loads of people i know who aren't starting until a couple of weeks before (which i personally think is stupid) but i'm sure you'll do fine!
Reply 2
Original post by Holly Anne
what I'm doing is trying loads of past papers to see what i know and then going over what i don't know in detail :smile:
If you haven't started revising yet you defiantly should start really soon but there are loads of people i know who aren't starting until a couple of weeks before (which i personally think is stupid) but i'm sure you'll do fine!

Thank you! I have just started doing Physics today. Are you going to make notes, mind maps or just read the textbook?
Original post by Ajaipal
Thank you! I have just started doing Physics today. Are you going to make notes, mind maps or just read the textbook?

I'm making loads of mind maps so i can put them on my wall and read them occasionally :smile: but thats mainly because whenever i've attempted to make notes, i've ended up just copying from the revision guide!
Reply 4
I'm making loads of mind maps so i can put them on my wall and read them occasionally :smile: but thats mainly because whenever i've attempted to make notes, i've ended up just copying from the revision guide!

Thank you so much! What exam board are you doing? I am doing OCR
Original post by Ajaipal
Thank you so much! What exam board are you doing? I am doing OCR

haha It's fine! I'm doing AQA for science :b
Reply 6
haha It's fine! I'm doing AQA for science :b

Ah okay, I was going to say that we could share resources and help each other if we did the same exam board.
Original post by Ajaipal
Ah okay, I was going to say that we could share resources and help each other if we did the same exam board.

yeah thats a shame, it would have been useful :/
Original post by Ajaipal
I have got my Biology, Chemistry and Physics exams in May/June and there is a lot to revise(Learn) and due to coursework and a lack of motivation I haven't started revision yet. I am aiming for As/A*s. What shall I do in order to learn and revise everything in time for exams???? Thanks- Any help will be appreciated.

Past papers are vital to your revision. But I would advice to to go over ALL of the content before you rush yourself into exam papers.
Are you doing additional only or further additional aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ajaipal

Its never too late to start revising! My advice is make flashcards - they're quick and easy and if you're a creative person it makes revision more fun. The best way is to write a question at the front and an answer at the back...and then you can test yourself.
Another thing you can do is print out past papers. Once you've marked them you can easily figure out what topic you're struggling in and work on it.
Hope this helped,
Good luck in the exams!
Reply 10
Original post by bananas_for_life
Its never too late to start revising! My advice is make flashcards - they're quick and easy and if you're a creative person it makes revision more fun. The best way is to write a question at the front and an answer at the back...and then you can test yourself.
Another thing you can do is print out past papers. Once you've marked them you can easily figure out what topic you're struggling in and work on it.
Hope this helped,
Good luck in the exams!

Thank you so much. That is great!

Quick Reply

Latest