The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirgilis
An update on my recent happenings :colone:

1. Only 9 skull walls left till 250 :awesome:
2. Only got healing spell (4.8 million) in the lab and the dark spell factory (3.5 million) left on elixir upgrades, so now I can start lego walls with elixir :biggrin:
3. Level 4 dragons finished in the lab and look wicked :colone:

I'm a fan of taking both to 25 one at a time. And I'd start with the Queen :wink:

Good work on the skulls! Do you have a lot of other upgrades left at TH9 in terms of defences or is it all maxed?

Nice on the lab front since it is the slowest part of the game I think.

Once the clan goes to level 5 and we get the +1 level increase, you can start donating level 5 dragons :teeth:

I think the reason people usually do in blocks of 5 is because then you unlock the next ability level which gives another significant increase. The logic being that a level 25 AQ + level 20 BK is stronger than a level 23 AQ and level 22 BK.

I've got a couple of days to decide since not got enough dark elixir yet. I finally changed to a non-exposed TH base and I picked up 100 trophies (at Masters 2) within 2 hours :colondollar:
Reply 881
I've got about 70 purple walls left myself. Going to try and start saving up for other defences once they're done I think. Not sure whether to start with bombs or try to save for lv6 wizard towers and air defence. Everything in the research factory is expensive now too (aside from goblins, but I don't use them). Saving up for BK upgrade too.
I'm almost finished with my elixir in the lab (two more weeks) and I've already finished all the elixir building upgrades - the only ones I need to do are my barracks and I really don't see them as very important, in fact the loss of one barrack for training might even make the negatives outweigh the positives: but I still have quite a few gold upgrades to do (loads if I want to put all my walls up to skulls), and significant distance on my dark upgrades too: so I'm not sure when to go to TH9, whether to do it once my elixir is maxed so I don't end up wasting elixir or whether to wait until gold and dark are maxed too... Any advice?
Reply 883
Upgrading barracks will help you a bit in wars as the buildings take longer to be destroyed, those giving defences a bit longer to attack their troops. Not a big difference, but it does all add up.
Original post by dhr90
Upgrading barracks will help you a bit in wars as the buildings take longer to be destroyed, those giving defences a bit longer to attack their troops. Not a big difference, but it does all add up.

Marginal gains, huh? I like it :P
Original post by Zerforax
I'm just saying that I didn't even watch your video because 25 minutes is too long.

Once you've been able to build a reputation and people look for your videos, then I'm sure length isn't an issue since people want to watch. But how are you getting people's attention in the short term?

I'd watch and give feedback but 25 mins is too long. Had a quick glance through the video and it looks like you're just telling people to look for full collectors?

Ikr! Actually the aim of the series is to showcase MY journey of going from a noob to the ultimate village in existence. I know that 25 minutes is way too long. Anyway thanks for your advice :biggrin:
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Ikr! Actually the aim of the series is to showcase MY journey of going from a noob to the ultimate village in existence. I know that 25 minutes is way too long. Anyway thanks for your advice :biggrin:

Oh if it's meant to be a full video narrative of your journey then that's fine. I thought you were doing like videos of how to play/improve/tactics.

Keep it up!
Oh no! A guide has to be very short and conscise to help teach the watcher. I thought about what you said about the length and all and thus decided to make episode 3 max 10 minutes long. That means much more editing to make it run smoothly ;D Thanks! What's your code so I can give you a little shoutout!
Original post by dhr90
I've got about 70 purple walls left myself. Going to try and start saving up for other defences once they're done I think. Not sure whether to start with bombs or try to save for lv6 wizard towers and air defence. Everything in the research factory is expensive now too (aside from goblins, but I don't use them). Saving up for BK upgrade too.

I'd just save for wizard towers/air defence personally. I always leave my traps till last. Yea elixir is quite hold to build up too since you spend so much on your army too.

Original post by Skitee
I'm almost finished with my elixir in the lab (two more weeks) and I've already finished all the elixir building upgrades - the only ones I need to do are my barracks and I really don't see them as very important, in fact the loss of one barrack for training might even make the negatives outweigh the positives: but I still have quite a few gold upgrades to do (loads if I want to put all my walls up to skulls), and significant distance on my dark upgrades too: so I'm not sure when to go to TH9, whether to do it once my elixir is maxed so I don't end up wasting elixir or whether to wait until gold and dark are maxed too... Any advice?

A lot of people end up in that situation. I'd still max out your barracks and dark barracks while you're waiting.

I'd make sure you max all your gold defenses and traps. Walls are a personal choice but it does get harder each TH you go up. I think I went to TH9 with purple walls but then realised afterwards how much easier it was to raid as a TH8 than a TH9. Everything gets very expensive at TH9 so better to be completely maxed before upgrading.

I used to just use more expensive armies and spells to make sure I got more gold when raiding.

Oh no! A guide has to be very short and conscise to help teach the watcher. I thought about what you said about the length and all and thus decided to make episode 3 max 10 minutes long. That means much more editing to make it run smoothly ;D Thanks! What's your code so I can give you a little shoutout!

saf #QG08JPPG

Yea 10 mins sounds good.

ENJOY!!!! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 890

ENJOY!!!! :biggrin:

Looks like you want us to enjoy a video? Its just showing a big white space as though you have hit return a few times though!
Original post by dhr90
Looks like you want us to enjoy a video? Its just showing a big white space as though you have hit return a few times though!

Oooops! Here is the link anyway https://youtu.be/ArWT2J3k71w :smile: sorry!
Hey. I'm now ready to join you guys :smile:
My user name is Velocity_
And I searched for TSR Clan but there are a couple with that name.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 893
Original post by Velocity_
Hey. I'm now ready to join you guys :smile:
My user name is Velocity_
And I searched for TSR Clan but there are a couple with that name.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Search #8LL9CVGY :yep:
Original post by Nirgilis
Search #8LL9CVGY :yep:

i sent a request. I just found it when i saw how many people you had :u:
Reply 895
Original post by Velocity_
i sent a request. I just found it when i saw how many people you had :u:

Welcome to the team :awesome:
Good to see that we've still got people joining the clan. Level 3 dragons in time for the war tomorrow :awesome:
Reply 897
Have left the top few of our clan in war for lv 4 dragons if nirgilis has time? If not lv3 from someone else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 898
Don't think I can get online for long enough to opt out of war for the next few days. Sorry, signal where I am camping is awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully we'll be able to get a win this time, there's so much more resources to get when we win wars :tongue:

I may have to opt out of the next couple to upgrade my spell factory.

Latest