The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dhr90
I'm at th8, maybe halfway through upgrading my defences at that level, cannons are nearly done, just got the rest to do. Saving for walls is going to take the longest I think.

I still have my dragon that Nirgilis donated a week or two ago because no-one can pentrate in a league that low :biggrin:

Does anyone play Boom Beach here?

Ah nice! I'm a measly 6 lol

Haha they'd need about a hundred archers

I'm just gonna leave my walls at 5 I swear
Reply 121
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ah nice! I'm a measly 6 lol

Haha they'd need about a hundred archers

I'm just gonna leave my walls at 5 I swear

You'll soon move up, I advanced earlier than I should have really, wanted the extra defences and upgrades from th8.

It'll take more than that going by the attacks I have been subjected to so far I think.

lv6 walls are reasonably achievable I think, lv7 may break me.
Reply 122
Original post by dhr90
You'll soon move up, I advanced earlier than I should have really, wanted the extra defences and upgrades from th8.

It'll take more than that going by the attacks I have been subjected to so far I think.

lv6 walls are reasonably achievable I think, lv7 may break me.

When do you want to jump across to that clan then? :smile: . If you go first, I can always invite you back if they don't accept you :lol: . Might be interesting to observe their current war :colone:

Just quote L'Evil Fish above when you're ready so he can lower the trophy requirements :colone: . I'll follow as soon as I realise you've done it or you've posted on this thread :h:
Reply 123
Original post by Nirgilis
When do you want to jump across to that clan then? :smile: . If you go first, I can always invite you back if they don't accept you :lol: . Might be interesting to observe their current war :colone:

Just quote L'Evil Fish above when you're ready so he can lower the trophy requirements :colone: . I'll follow as soon as I realise you've done it or you've posted on this thread :h:

Is our clan searchable on CoC? That might help us get some more members, just have to kick the members who don't fight in wars or generally hold us back...

I can't join until the trophy requirement is lowered right now anyway.
Reply 124
Original post by dhr90
Is our clan searchable on CoC? That might help us get some more members, just have to kick the members who don't fight in wars or generally hold us back...

I can't join until the trophy requirement is lowered right now anyway.

Fully searchable :yep: .

I think the current problem is exams. GCSE students and A-level students (the target audience of this game :rolleyes: ) have imminent exams. Most university students as well have exams over the next 2 months. Therefore, at least for TSR, people aren't yet bored enough to start something like this up. It's understandable :tongue:
Fully searchable :yep: .

I think the current problem is exams. GCSE students and A-level students (the target audience of this game :rolleyes: ) have imminent exams. Most university students as well have exams over the next 2 months. Therefore, at least for TSR, people aren't yet bored enough to start something like this up. It's understandable :tongue:

:lol: who needs exams when you've got CoC (I'll regret saying that when I miss my Cambridge offer lmao)

Let me know when you want me to get the trophy count lowered, because we won't leave it down, will put it back up once your partner in crime is in!
Reply 126
:lol: who needs exams when you've got CoC (I'll regret saying that when I miss my Cambridge offer lmao)

Let me know when you want me to get the trophy count lowered, because we won't leave it down, will put it back up once your partner in crime is in!

You have an offer for Cambridge? :colone: . What're you going to study and in which college? I have a Postgraduate offer for Cambridge, so I have to meet that offer with my finals which start on Monday! :lol:
You have an offer for Cambridge? :colone: . What're you going to study and in which college? I have a Postgraduate offer for Cambridge, so I have to meet that offer with my finals which start on Monday! :lol:

NatSci at Christ's! :biggrin: ooooh, what are you planning to study? And where lol

Hahaha get off the phone and unto the books
Reply 128
NatSci at Christ's! :biggrin: ooooh, what are you planning to study? And where lol

Hahaha get off the phone and unto the books

I'll be studying an integrated MSc/PhD for 4 years as part of the Biology Doctoral Training Partnership :yep: . You might have me demonstrating some of your labs if you choose the biology NatSci options :colone: . Though I'll be at Clare College... Provided I get this 2.1 and remember to upload a finance form that I keep forgetting... :rolleyes:
I'll be studying an integrated MSc/PhD for 4 years as part of the Biology Doctoral Training Partnership :yep: . You might have me demonstrating some of your labs if you choose the biology NatSci options :colone: . Though I'll be at Clare College... Provided I get this 2.1 and remember to upload a finance form that I keep forgetting... :rolleyes:

Oh woah, yeah, I'll be doing Biology of Cells :yep:

Haha, paperwork is a hassle. I have to admit I do enjoy form filling though

We've done terribly in this war, we had a few people leave us mid war, and the opposite clan are crazy good. Almost max starred on us
Reply 130
Does anyone have an opinion or preference in the order they upgrade their defences? Cannon first then archer towers for instance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhr90
Does anyone have an opinion or preference in the order they upgrade their defences? Cannon first then archer towers for instance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on your set up. Archers are better imo, so upgrade them first
Original post by dhr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Archer tower first as they help defend against dragons too

Posted from TSR Mobile
TH8 takes way too long to max, i think i'm just over half way...lol
Original post by rida_678
TH8 takes way too long to max, i think i'm just over half way...lol

Wait until you get to walls :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
We need another resource boost event. Boost everything for 10 gems in total would be very useful right now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Original post by dhr90
We need another resource boost event. Boost everything for 10 gems in total would be very useful right now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed :pierre: . Sitting on a pile of 850 gems right now :lol:
Reply 137
Agreed :pierre: . Sitting on a pile of 850 gems right now :lol:

I'm up to about 600, didn't take much time at all. I've cleared everything except the Christmas trees which provide some decoration :laugh:
Reply 138
Original post by dhr90
I'm up to about 600, didn't take much time at all. I've cleared everything except the Christmas trees which provide some decoration :laugh:

Their Facebook feed mentioned that they are introducing a ''Change your village name'' feature soon :yep: . Maybe the downtime that comes with that will be compensated with a 1-gem-boost event? :awesome:
Reply 139
Their Facebook feed mentioned that they are introducing a ''Change your village name'' feature soon :yep: . Maybe the downtime that comes with that will be compensated with a 1-gem-boost event? :awesome:

Lets hope so!

Latest