Just started TH11 :awesome:

Anyone else at TH11? Any tips?
Original post by Zerforax
Just started TH11 :awesome:

Anyone else at TH11? Any tips?

Got the Grand Warden yet? :sexface:
Original post by Nirgilis
Got the Grand Warden yet? :sexface:

Yep, I went to TH11 with close to max loot so built GW immediately and then started upgrading to level 2 before I got a chance to try him out.. also started building all 5 of the new defences.

Will use him tonight for the war once the first upgrade is done. Always have to try and rush to that magical level 5 number to unlock the ability though.

How are things with you? When you coming back?! :colondollar:
Yep, I went to TH11 with close to max loot so built GW immediately and then started upgrading to level 2 before I got a chance to try him out.. also started building all 5 of the new defences.

Will use him tonight for the war once the first upgrade is done. Always have to try and rush to that magical level 5 number to unlock the ability though.

How are things with you? When you coming back?! :colondollar:

Haha! You haven't kicked me yet? :wink:

I've just started my new placement last week, so currently settling things down nicely. My current estimate of August is still holding though - I still have a 30-page document to submit, 5 bureaucratically nightmarish forms to fill in, the most difficult statistics coursework ever to submit, and a car to buy :colondollar:

It'll be a busy few months, for sure :lol:

How's the clan holding up? Also, what are these bowler things I'm seeing? :tongue:
Haha! You haven't kicked me yet? :wink:

I've just started my new placement last week, so currently settling things down nicely. My current estimate of August is still holding though - I still have a 30-page document to submit, 5 bureaucratically nightmarish forms to fill in, the most difficult statistics coursework ever to submit, and a car to buy :colondollar:

It'll be a busy few months, for sure :lol:

How's the clan holding up? Also, what are these bowler things I'm seeing? :tongue:

Well we're already low on numbers so kicking might be a bad idea!

Oh wow sounds like a lot of hectic things to do. Should pop in to say hi whenever though.

Yea the clan is doing alright. Small blip in war streak recently and we don't have your smooth leadership in charge :colondollar: but okay otherwise. Everyone progressing and getting better. The double clan war XP week was great for us and we've actually picked up a lot of clan perk points. Just need another 850 (that's 6-9 wars) and we should be level 8!

The Bowler is the latest dark troop added to the game. I'll be honest, I've not used it yet even if I have upgraded to level 2. There's an 8 minute build time and they take 8 spaces. Basically they throw (or "bowl" a boulder which will always hit two buildings - one in front and then the one behind it too so in theory it should be a good troop to help funnel troops but I've hardly seen anyone use them. They feel like the old valkyries.

Interestingly the new valk buff is insane and now everyone has started using them in their war attacks at TH10 and TH11. Seeing a lot more 3 star war attacks.
Are there any spaces available in the clan?
Doing all these skull walls is taking forever. I might start saving up my DE and do an early TH9 upgrade in the next couple of months.

Original post by 1+1=Window
Are there any spaces available in the clan?

Always! We've been dwindling on numbers in the wars so the more the merrier!
Original post by Eloades11
Doing all these skull walls is taking forever. I might start saving up my DE and do an early TH9 upgrade in the next couple of months.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! I'll join when I next clash. :banana2:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! I'll join when I next clash. :banana2:

Seems like my comment went absurd. :frown:
Should I upgrade hog to 5, or Lava hound to level 2, or Witch to 2, or Valkyrie to 2?

I'm caught in a mess :frown:
Original post by Eloades11

Yea skull walls are painful. CoC recognised this in the past and for a short period you were able to use elixir to upgrade to skull walls but then all the elixir at TH8/TH9 disappeared and ruined the economy :awesome:

There is cost in wasting so much time while your DE/elixir is maxed out when just grinding walls but I'd only go to TH9 if you have maxed out everything else. TH9 is so ridiculously expensive for everything, moreso when you want to play casually.

Seems like my comment went absurd. :frown:

Welcome to the clan! Little low on numbers but we have a core of active players and we do pretty well in wars - hoping to be level 8 in less than 2 weeks :biggrin:

Original post by brent_
Should I upgrade hog to 5, or Lava hound to level 2, or Witch to 2, or Valkyrie to 2?

I'm caught in a mess :frown:

Depends how you're planning to war and what else is unlocked.

I went for hogs to level 5 first for the following reasons
- witches have been nerfed in the recent update and are expensive/inconsistent
- valks really need to be level 3 or 4 to be useful and I fear there will be a nerf coming by the time I get to that point
- lava hounds only useful if you also have level 6 balloons and I didn't have the elixir to unlock level 6 barracks + lv 6 balloons

Hogs to lv 5 were going to give me an instant boost within 12 days to my war attacks while I work up the rest of the base. I need to get my AQ to level 5 too.

My priority order would be:

Hogs
Lava Hound
Valkyries
Witches

If you don't think valks will be nerfed soon then I would do:

Valkyries (to lv 4 - you will need 180k DE and 30 days build time to get them to level 4 from level 1 though)
Lava Hound
Hogs
Witches
x

Thanks mate. I went to upgrade my hogs to level 5 about a week ago. So in 5-7 days I shall get to use level 5 hogs. :awesome: While I'm waiting, I might as well watch gohog videos in youtube. Do you have any recommended youtubers or you just watch randomly?
Original post by brent_
Thanks mate. I went to upgrade my hogs to level 5 about a week ago. So in 5-7 days I shall get to use level 5 hogs. :awesome: While I'm waiting, I might as well watch gohog videos in youtube. Do you have any recommended youtubers or you just watch randomly?

Just watch randomly if I do. Tbh I've usually watched replays in wars to see how other people do attacks to get a feel for what works. Hahaha is a very good gohog attacker so maybe ask him for some tips?

Simply it's just a golem to cover for wizards + heroes to knock out a third/half of a base (ideally AQ + war cc defence too) and then hogs to slide in from a flank and wipe out further ahead. Then you hope your troops have enough legs to wipe out the rest of the base. 3 heals minimum with either a 4th heal or jump or rage depending on what their base looks like.

Main tough thing is looking out for 4 giant bombs..
(edited 7 years ago)
x

We've hit clan level 8! :biggrin:

Also my Grand Warden is now upgrading to level 10. However I have hardly used him since always upgrading.. :colondollar:
Just watch randomly if I do. Tbh I've usually watched replays in wars to see how other people do attacks to get a feel for what works. Hahaha is a very good gohog attacker so maybe ask him for some tips?

Simply it's just a golem to cover for wizards + heroes to knock out a third/half of a base (ideally AQ + war cc defence too) and then hogs to slide in from a flank and wipe out further ahead. Then you hope your troops have enough legs to wipe out the rest of the base. 3 heals minimum with either a 4th heal or jump or rage depending on what their base looks like.

Main tough thing is looking out for 4 giant bombs..

who are you in the clan,if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by economist2
who are you in the clan,if you dont mind me asking?

In the TSR clan? I'm warbandit (TH9) but I have another account in another clan called saf which is TH11.
for future reference, I'm entong in the clan, and heroicdraco89 is my young cousin. clash on!
Introducing the Friendly Challenge!
Friendly Challenges let clanmates attack one another for practice, competition, or just plain fun! Friendly Challenges are unlimited and won’t cost gold or consume Troops, Spells, Heroes or Traps. You also won’t earn resources, Trophies or other bonuses.

Issuing a Friendly Challenge:

To invite your clanmates to attack your village, look for the new "Challenge" button at the top of Clan chat. You can choose between your active layout or any other valid saved layout, including War Bases. Add some custom text (or don’t) and post the Friendly Challenge to the Clan chat. Simple!

Once posted, any member of your Clan can accept the Friendly Challenge and launch an attack against your chosen layout. Don't worry, they won't be able to steal any of your resources or Trophies. Any troops you have in your Clan Castle at the time you post will be used as defensive troops, but you won’t lose those either.

Accepting a Friendly Challenge:

When you accept a Friendly Challenge, you will attack your clanmates village using your current army. Everything you deploy will be returned to you after the battle, so don’t hold back!

The replay and results of your attack will be available in Clan chat. Of course, if your Clan can't wait that long, they can watch the attack live.

Practice, Perfect and Experiment!

Friendly Challenges will provide you with an awesome way to improve your attacking skills, perfect your defensive layouts, experiment with different troops or just have fun. Test out different army compositions, new layout ideas, or try something crazy! Clans can arrange competitions, or just have friendly back-and-forth duels.

We hope to see Friendly Challenges widely used! We see the ability to practice attacks at any time helping to motivate new attacking and defending strategies, and help Clans get even better at playing together.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/1135152-Introducing-the-Friendly-Challenge%21

(SOON!) Maintenance 17/05 - One Gem Resource Boost!
Hey, Chief! Get ready for challenging your clanmates with a special 1-Gem resource boost event. The event lasts until the Friendly Challenge update goes live!

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/1135175-%28SOON%21%29-Maintenance-17-05-One-Gem-Resource-Boost%21
May 2016 Update - Sneak Peeks!

We're extra excited to bring you an update jam-packed with content and a brand new way to Clash: the Friendly Challenge! Stay tuned to Sneak Peeks to see all the biggest new additions, and read more about Friendly Challenges here.

Balancing and Update News:

Much of the balancing this update is coming in the form of new levels and smaller tweaks.

Town Hall 11

Cannon level 14
Lava Hound level 4
Balloon level 7

In Town Hall 11, air armies have dwindled in popularity. These new levels should help revitalize high-level air armies while helping to defend against the ground rush.

Town Hall 10+

Bowler housing space reduced to 6

Bowlers just didn't seem to be providing enough value for an 8 housing space unit, and the bulky size made him a tough fit in a well-rounded army.

Town Hall 7+

Spring Trap levels 2-5 (there was a typo in the original text; max level is 5, not 4)

New Spring Trap levels with minor capacity increases will help catch additional units from time to time. They might even catch an extra Valkyrie!

Other:

Edit Mode tools: A bunch of features added to make editing layouts easier
Donate fully trained Troops/Spells from production queues even if your army is full
Drag troops/spells anywhere into a training queue - training progress is transferred
Gem Troops/Spells for donation directly from the donation context menu
War Logs for any Clan can now be publicly viewed, unless disabled in Clan settings
Builder Suggestions: Tap Builder Info to see and select suggested upgrades to perform
Live spectator count is now shown during attack - see how many others are watching!
Chat stream revamped with built-in Request button

New Content:

1) New Dark Elixir Spell!

Available at Town Hall 9, the Skeleton Spell allows you to summon an army of Skeletons anywhere on the battlefield!

2) New Elixir Spell!

Turn this spell into a pop-up army! Clone Spells create a circle of spawning that creates limited-lifetime copies of troops that enter. It will only spawn up to a maximum housing space of troops. Available at Town Hall 10!

3) New Elixir Troops!

This fire-breathing hatchling is shy around other air units, but leave it alone and it'll throw a fit! When not around other air units, Baby Dragons become enraged and gain bonus damage and attack speed! Available at Town Hall 9.

Meet the Miner! This sneaky shoveler burrows underground, passes beneath walls and pops up right next to his target! Unlocks at Town Hall 10.

Sneak peaks are now officially over! When do we go live? Not certain yet, but as soon as it's possible!

As usual, leave your comments and feedback below!

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/1136668-May-2016-Update-Sneak-Peeks!
May as well bump this thread :colondollar:

The last update has added an extra 5 months on lab time which is nuts. They really need to split into an elixir lab and DE lab - I think it's almost 2.5 years to max out your lab at the moment.

Not sure what to do about my walls. I've upgraded them all to level 10 so they are identical but with the way the update has gone, I need a lot more elixir than gold (and gold is very easy to save). The sensible thing would be to dump excess gold into walls but I don't really want to start level 11 walls..

Grand Warden now upgrading to level 13 which I'm pleased about.

Latest