The Student Room Group

The Official 'TSR Clash of Clans' Clan Thread!

Welcome to the TSR Clash of Clans Clan Thread!

Our name is ''TSR Clan''

How to find us?

Search for #8LL9CVGY . The name is ''TSR Clan'' until further notice. It is currently set for anyone to join, but will soon make it invite only, so make sure you request and post in this thread!

Who we are?

Anybody that plays Clash of Clans on TSR that would like to play as part of a clan.

This will be a lenient clan, overseen by your very own Entertainments moderator, me!

We will clan war as and when people want. You can choose to participate or not on your profile (green/red war button).

There's no trophy limit.

Rules will only be put in place should it be deemed necessary.

As per the Clash of Clans game, we can only start a clan war with 10 active participants, so make sure you invite your friends!

Clan War Record:

Won: 58
War logs in Post #2!
Current TSR members: 24/50
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

War Logs (newest to oldest)

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Haha, nice. I might come and visit you sometime :smile:
Reply 3
Btw, thats a nicely maxed TH8 you have Nirgilis
Reply 4
Original post by l1lvink
Btw, thats a nicely maxed TH8 you have Nirgilis

I'm 1 day, 19 hours from TH9 being built :colone: . I have 5.4 million gold, 3.6 million elixir and 42k D.E saved for when it finishes. Down at 600 trophies to save getting a hammering in the Gold leagues :ninja:
Reply 5
Original post by Nirgilis
I'm 1 day, 19 hours from TH9 being built :colone: . I have 5.4 million gold, 3.6 million elixir and 42k D.E saved for when it finishes. Down at 600 trophies to save getting a hammering in the Gold leagues :ninja:

Nice, you'll have fun with those xbows you you build them.
I was wondering what you were doing down there. Where do you usually farm?
Reply 6
Original post by l1lvink
Nice, you'll have fun with those xbows you you build them.
I was wondering what you were doing down there. Where do you usually farm?

Usually Gold 3 and Gold 2. There are a LOT of near-max TH8 which require saved gold for the final upgrades and full elixir storages since they have nothing to spend it on :lol: .

How about you? What TH/level and league are you based? :smile:
Reply 7
Usually Gold 3 and Gold 2. There are a LOT of near-max TH8 which require saved gold for the final upgrades and full elixir storages since they have nothing to spend it on :lol: .

How about you? What TH/level and league are you based? :smile:

It's been a while since I was Th8 and there weren't even leagues when I was TH8. What army do you use to farm with?

You might not believe me when I say, but I'm in Chaos Rising (26236 points) and I'm called TheBoss (2886 trophies).
Reply 8
How do you get to such a low trophy count? Keep attacking and losing on purpose? I'm not even defending my TH and can't get below 1100 trophies now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by l1lvink
It's been a while since I was Th8 and there weren't even leagues when I was TH8. What army do you use to farm with?

You might not believe me when I say, but I'm in Chaos Rising (26236 points) and I'm called TheBoss (2886 trophies).

:biggrin:

I'm in awe :tongue: . How long have you been playing?

Original post by dhr90
How do you get to such a low trophy count? Keep attacking and losing on purpose? I'm not even defending my TH and can't get below 1100 trophies now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :yep:

Use the Barbarian King and finish attack with no damage :tongue: . It costs a fair amount of gold to drop from 1600 to 600, I must admit.

But once I have my Archer Queen and 2x X-bows, I'll be on my way up to 1300-1600 trophies :yep:
:biggrin:

I'm in awe :tongue: . How long have you been playing?

I started about 2 and a half years ago, but I've been playing for just under 2. Before you ask, no I haven't spent any money on it.
Reply 11
Original post by dhr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

It's weak from the bottom left hand side against a wall breaker army (to give access to the core), but the funnelling top and bottom is hilarious against giants :wink:

Have you checked out the Supercell forums? There's a section on there you can get base tips and ideas from :yep:
Do you's watch YT videos for Clash? If so, who do you watch?
Reply 13
Original post by l1lvink

Forgot to answer this one :tongue: . I farm with giants, healer, archers and wall breakers. The ratio of them vary. Since I have no raid options down at 600 trophies, I'm tailoring each army to the revenge attacks at the moment. But mass-hogs, dragons and GoWiPe are my go-to for strong bases.

How about you? What's your favourite attack? :tongue: . Is it worth unlocking the witch straight away at TH9?

I started about 2 and a half years ago, but I've been playing for just under 2. Before you ask, no I haven't spent any money on it.

:colone: . That's an awful long time. You ever considered just dropping it? :ninja:

Do you's watch YT videos for Clash? If so, who do you watch?

I watched the videos to help get me through the single player missions. But other than that, I only watch attack tutorials (since my war attacks are limited to the 3 above :rolleyes: ). Do you?
Reply 14
I may have to start revenge attacking. Shame it disables the shield though, can't always get the troops made before I get attacked again sadly.
Forgot to answer this one :tongue: . I farm with giants, healer, archers and wall breakers. The ratio of them vary. Since I have no raid options down at 600 trophies, I'm tailoring each army to the revenge attacks at the moment. But mass-hogs, dragons and GoWiPe are my go-to for strong bases.

How about you? What's your favourite attack? :tongue: . Is it worth unlocking the witch straight away at TH9?

:colone: . That's an awful long time. You ever considered just dropping it? :ninja:

I watched the videos to help get me through the single player missions. But other than that, I only watch attack tutorials (since my war attacks are limited to the 3 above :rolleyes: ). Do you?

My favourite army would have to be mass-hogs, but unfortunately I can't use that any more due to the (new) infernos. Now I use BArch (both for farming and for pushing).
As for the Witch, you'd never really use her outside of clan wars (high cost, long build time), so I'd say don't prioritise her. Also, at level 1 she isn't that powerful as she doesn't spawn as many skeletons.
And no, I've been active/not very active in fluctuations but that is a good thing as I can easily vary army build times, but I've never thought of dropping it (not even when the new loot system was introduced and screwed the entire games economy over for a month).
Reply 16
Original post by dhr90
I may have to start revenge attacking. Shame it disables the shield though, can't always get the troops made before I get attacked again sadly.

Hurr hurr :colone: . Up to 4 whole members! :biggrin: . 2 of which are yet to make themselves known as TSR members. We'll see whether they're worthy :colone:

You also now have your dragon :yep: . May it defend you well :h:

Original post by l1lvink
My favourite army would have to be mass-hogs, but unfortunately I can't use that any more due to the (new) infernos. Now I use BArch (both for farming and for pushing).
As for the Witch, you'd never really use her outside of clan wars (high cost, long build time), so I'd say don't prioritise her. Also, at level 1 she isn't that powerful as she doesn't spawn as many skeletons.
And no, I've been active/not very active in fluctuations but that is a good thing as I can easily vary army build times, but I've never thought of dropping it (not even when the new loot system was introduced and screwed the entire games economy over for a month).

I see your clan wars a fair bit :colone: . Does your clan have a set war castle troop combination? I've seen many work over the time, and many fail. What would you most like to have in your war castle to defend?
Reply 17
Hurr hurr :colone: . Up to 4 whole members! :biggrin: . 2 of which are yet to make themselves known as TSR members. We'll see whether they're worthy :colone:

You also now have your dragon :yep: . May it defend you well :h:

I see your clan wars a fair bit :colone: . Does your clan have a set war castle troop combination? I've seen many work over the time, and many fail. What would you most like to have in your war castle to defend?

Thanks! Not much loot to defend right now though, I've spent it all on upgrades this morning. I can donate lv5 wizards and Giants, lv2 dragon and lv3 BArch if you're interested?

Hopefully we can get enough members to start wars soon, they are good ways of gaining loot :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by dhr90
Thanks! Not much loot to defend right now though, I've spent it all on upgrades this morning. I can donate lv5 wizards and Giants, lv2 dragon and lv3 BArch if you're interested?

Hopefully we can get enough members to start wars soon, they are good ways of gaining loot :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We now have a lvl 6 member join us. IT'S SUCH A CUTE VILLAGE :teeth:

I'm good for defence at the moment thanks, I got demolished by a TH10 yesterday in which defence would have been useless, and it's pretty quiet on the attack front otherwise :lol: . However, I now have a new revenge attack target :colone: . Not sure quite how to deal with pesky inferno towers however :pierre:
I uninstalled the game a few weeks ago - just tried to reinstall it and I'VE LOST EVERYTHING :zomg:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Latest