The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Partners scheme - do people fail the summer school?

I was just wondering what the likelihood of failing the summer school is?

and also if the partners offer will become a regular Newcastle offer or you have to go for your insurance if you do fail?
Original post by Hanna_S
I was just wondering what the likelihood of failing the summer school is?

and also if the partners offer will become a regular Newcastle offer or you have to go for your insurance if you do fail?

Hi Hanna :smile:

If you attend all the compulsory sessions and hand in any assignments by the due dates you should be fine :smile: The summer school assesses your potential to succeed at uni, they aren't expecting you to hand in university-standard dissertations :smile:

Last year they had over 400 students attending summer schools and "1.6% of attendees" failed.

Regarding the offer, this is what the PARTNERS team told me:

If a student fails the summer school the offer they have been given would not change as the offer they have made their firm choice is on the conditions of meeting their A level grades plus successful completion of the summer school. If they fail to meet either of the conditions of their offer they would be classed as a near miss candidate and will be reconsidered by the Admissions Selector in advance of results day. Usually by results day the decision will have been made as to whether to still accept them onto the course, reject them, or they may be placed on a waiting list. It is then up to the student as to whether they want to go to their insurance choice if they have met the conditions or go into clearing.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Persephone
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Hanna :smile:

If you attend all the compulsory sessions and hand in any assignments by the due dates you should be fine :smile: The summer school assesses your potential to succeed at uni, they aren't expecting you to hand in university-standard dissertations :smile:

Last year they had over 400 students attending summer schools and "1.6% of attendees" failed.

Regarding the offer, this is what the PARTNERS team told me:

If a student fails the summer school the offer they have been given would not change as the offer they have made their firm choice is on the conditions of meeting their A level grades plus successful completion of the summer school. If they fail to meet either of the conditions of their offer they would be classed as a near miss candidate and will be reconsidered by the Admissions Selector in advance of results day. Usually by results day the decision will have been made as to whether to still accept them onto the course, reject them, or they may be placed on a waiting list. It is then up to the student as to whether they want to go to their insurance choice if they have met the conditions or go into clearing.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Persephone

Thank you very much :smile: that has put my mind at ease

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending