The Student Room Group

How to stop deluding myself / get over a crush?

There's a guy who I told I liked, who has no interest in me at all. I know this because not only has he told me, but he also avoids/ignores me now at all costs.

Normally, when I am rejected I move on straightaway (usually immediately after they reject me). This time, I just can't move on. I think about him constantly, I feel really down about it and I keep trying to justify why he said no, maybe one day he'll change his mind, etc. I'm even starting to get weirdly delusional behaviour, like interpreting his behaviour to be him secretly liking me and just not admitting it, etc. I really don't want to be like this and it's driving me insane.

Has anyone got any tips to try and move on? I've tried and tried to get it out my mind and tell myself forcefully that he is NOT interested but this niggling doubt/hope at the back of my mind just won't go away. :frown:
hi, new member here :smile:

anyway i know how u feel and been through, like you, i also like this one girl who sadly didn't like me back and only think of me as her good friend, despite this she rarely want to talk to me, despite i'm trying my best to talk just as a friends. she'll replied my text only after 3-4 days, it's been a week though last since she's replying my message, no she's not busy as she's very active on her insta, messenger, WA, etc. Anyway same as you, i had trouble moving on, i keep constantly thinking of her etc, i don't know how but i feel like she's the one and i can actually dream my future with her. Anyway sorry blabbering about my own problem..lol, what i do is get busy with my work, whenever i think of her ( which a lot) i would get busy with my work, search for new opportunity for business, sports etc.

Easiest way would be to get to know lots of people and when you find the one who love you back just as much as you love him, then u'll completely forget about your crush. Well easy to stay, yet hard to do. I, Myself is in constant battle, i want to forget about my crush but at the same time i feel like there's always hope that eventually one day she'll like me, probably this is because i've never been in a relationship before at all. Oh and i'm 23, lol..hope my advice helps.. cheers :smile:
If you've told yourself all of that I really don't know what to say. Just try and cut all contact with him.
Get wasted and have loadsa ONS! Good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending