The Student Room Group

Portsmouth Radiography 2015 entry

anyone firmed radiography at portsmouth for 2015 entry? would love to meet some people i will be studying with next year hopefully.... makes the first day a little less worrying hahaa

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've firmed Portsmouth too :biggrin: Anyone else out there?
Reply 2
Looks like it's just us hey! Hahaa x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Seems that way - I found this facebook group for University of Portsmouth Radiography - they haven't approved me yet though.
Hi guys I'm going to Portsmouth in September have you received your accommodation pack yet I emailed them and they said they would send it end of march
Reply 5
Original post by superman097
Hi guys I'm going to Portsmouth in September have you received your accommodation pack yet I emailed them and they said they would send it end of march

Hello! Glad there's someone else here going too :smile:
I won't be needing accommodation so haven't really checked, I think there's some stuff on their website http://www.port.ac.uk/why-portsmouth/accommodation/ Roll on September!
Have you heard anything about the books they recommend? I've had a few suggestions from a student there currently but don't want to spend money on the wrong ones if you know.
Nope haven't heard anything of the kind of books we'll need but I'm sure they'll notify us soon
Hey everyone. I'm just finishing year 1 at Portsmouth for diagnostic radiography. I got a lot of the stuff i needed from them June-August regarding setting up student email, profile, fitness to practice forms, books etc... So don't panic if you haven't got any of these yet. Good luck to you all!
Reply 8
Thankyou for the vote of confidence how has your time at Portsmouth been so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been great. Amazing student life, walk to the beach after class chill out, lots of pubs. They give you 2 week freshers events. We have 7 weeks left so all trying to finish the last of our work and revise for the exams. Been on 2 hospital placements learnt and seen so much. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Reply 10
I'm currently torn between living in halls first year or commuting were there many communing on the course? I'm about an hours train ride away x

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my class there are several students who commute. I'm from Wales so don't know the surrounding areas very well but some girls commute. Parking can be a problem and is limited so some commuters train it. This can make you late though when trains have there usual issues. You will have to weigh up the financial and personal cost between them. And which halls you want? I applied and didn't get in, which was good as it works out cheaper renting privately where I am than halls, and obviously don't have their usual rules.
Reply 12
I would use the park and ride if driving or the train I am looking and James Watson west I feel if I live at home first year I won't get the same social side which is why I'm considering halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi! I'm firming portsmouth! What Accomodation are you guys going for? :smile:
Reply 14
I'm not 100% if I go for any it will be James Watson I think x how about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I have started a facebook group for us as its a little easier to talk on there https://www.facebook.com/groups/1553675634854783/ so join away :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I just firmed Portsmouth!
Reply 17
Wooohooo slowly more people appearing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I'm just about to firm Portsmouth! Is there anyone else who was at the interview on the 21st April who got an offer? Absolutely loved it there and I'm so so excited to go...fingers crossed I can get the grades :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by blueamy
I'm just about to firm Portsmouth! Is there anyone else who was at the interview on the 21st April who got an offer? Absolutely loved it there and I'm so so excited to go...fingers crossed I can get the grades :frown:

Mine was a bit before that but well done on the offer! Feel free to join the facebook group mentioned above :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply