The Student Room Group

Getting physical - Ways to do this?

I've known this girl for about 1 month now and it's pretty clear she's into me but I've always been too scared to do anything physical other than hug her or something. So are there any 'natural' or 'easy' ways to do the following for the first time:

- Stroking her hair, How do you initiate this. I know it will turn her on alot, as I tucked her hair behind her ear once and she seemed like that :p:

- Holding hands. There must be a sneaky way to do this which doesnt seem too weird.

- Kissing her for the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anonymous
I've known this girl for about 1 month now and it's pretty clear she's into me but I've always been too scared to do anything physical other than hug her or something. So are there any 'natural' or 'easy' ways to do the following for the first time:

- Stroking her hair, How do you initiate this. I know it will turn her on alot, as I tucked her hair behind her ear once and she seemed like that :p:

- Holding hands. There must be a sneaky way to do this which doesnt seem too weird.

- Kissing her for the first time.

Thanks in advance.

right after hugging, stroke the hair, tuck it behind her ear.

while walking....tickle her side and when she trys to stop you, which she will....playfully grab hold of her hand and swing it up and down to make it seem funny and fun. after a minute or so let it subside and continue walking with her hand. but don't just "hold" it the first time. do something fun and crazy with it. so that she feels she can reject you safely, and you don't feel like you;ve gone out on TOO much of a limb.

first kiss, preferably alone-ish. saying goodbye from hanging out. hanging out in a more romantic place than usual and let the mood do the talking.
Reply 2
just do it man, like the nerves will make it fel more exciting and ****
Reply 3
curryADD

while walking....tickle her side and when she trys to stop you, which she will....playfully grab hold of her hand and swing it up and down to make it seem funny and fun. after a minute or so let it subside and continue walking with her hand. but don't just "hold" it the first time. do something fun and crazy with it. so that she feels she can reject you safely, and you don't feel like you;ve gone out on TOO much of a limb.

first kiss, preferably alone-ish. saying goodbye from hanging out. hanging out in a more romantic place than usual and let the mood do the talking.

Oh that's great advice! thanks! :p:!
Reply 4
Anonymous
Oh that's great advice! thanks! :p:!

rep is always appreciated :wink:

:p:
Disgrace!

That was a nice post before by you tought CurryADD :smile:

It made me smile.
Reply 6
wow, on my first date with my last bf i did all that in the first 10mins :redface:

Curry is onto something there though i guess :rolleyes:
Reply 7
ThileWile
wow, on my first date with my last bf i did all that in the first 10mins :redface:

Curry is onto something there though i guess :rolleyes:

it's how my boyfriend got me :wink:

it made me feel giddy and happy. the point wasn't creative. it was tried and true ways to get closer to someone you're crushing on.

no need to get all :rolleyes:.
Reply 8
curryADD

Liking that very much. :smile:
Reply 9
curryADD
it's how my boyfriend got me :wink:

it made me feel giddy and happy. the point wasn't creative. it was tried and true ways to get closer to someone you're crushing on.

no need to get all :rolleyes:.

no i only meant :rolleyes: because i've had little experience with going out with girls, and with guys i go out with they do seem more open and willing...:p:
Reply 10
Assuming that you're on a date, and the evening is drawing to a close: first, say;

"I'd really like to kiss you."

Then, do it.
Reply 11
Profesh
Assuming that you're on a date, and the evening is drawing to a close: first, say;

Then, do it.

People say you should never ask..
Reply 12
Profesh

Then, do it.

that is the most unintelligent thing you've ever said :rofl: (as in lack of big words, not because i disagree)
Reply 13
Anonymous
People say you should never ask..

Assuming you've succeeded in cultivating an appropriate mood through the evening's ministrations, and that the crucial event is yet to come about naturally though all signs indicate her being receptive; she'll appreciate your candour, and warm to your confidence. Bear in mind, after all, that such out-moded 'conventions' are more or less precisely the reason for your predicament; and that, should she prove less than receptive to your deliberately ambivalent overtures of affection (because, in essence, your intention is to orchestrate a situation where she will feel compelled or, at the very least, inclined to make the first decisive 'move'), you'll no doubt return here in a week's time to solicit further advice.

But then, I'm forthright, assertive and audacious. It's your choice.
Reply 14
Profesh
Assuming you've succeeded in cultivating an appropriate mood through the evening's ministrations, and that the crucial event is yet to come about naturally though all signs indicate her being receptive; she'll appreciate your candour, and warm to your confidence. Bear in mind, after all, that such conventions are precisely the reason for your predicament; and that, if she isn't receptive to your more ambivalent overtures, you'll no doubt return here in a week's time to solicit further advice.

But then, I'm forthright, assertive and audacious; it's your choice.

Very true.
Reply 15
Anonymous
Very true.

A girl, whom I dated last year (albeit for little over a week), said that to me at a time when you could have cut the tension between us with a proverbial knife; and, in my diffidence (not to mention, inexperience), it was precisely what I needed to hear.

Likewise, when the rôles were reversed; I accelerated right to the chase with, I daresay, similar aplomb.

All of which isn't to dismiss CurryADD's recommendation out-of-hand, by any means; but, if the object of your affections is as reticent and generally insecure as you appear to be, any signals which aren't conclusive as to your intentions are liable to being construed with the utmost scepticism.
Tell 'this girl' that she bears a striking resemblance to a man in drag and has she ever considered epilating her nipple hair. No doubt she will 'get physical' PDQ. If this doesn't sound agreeable, watch Renoir's 'Partie de Campagne', it's a masterpiece of date-rape that surpasses even curryADD's.
Reply 17
More answers please?
Reply 18
never ask.

ever. as a girl....i think that's the most awkward thing ever.

but that's just me.

girls like assertive guys. go for it.
Reply 19
curryADD
never ask.

ever. as a girl....i think that's the most awkward thing ever.

but that's just me.

girls like assertive guys. go for it.

If I did that tuck hair thing after a hug It'd be awkward because we often do it as a 'goodbye' thing and if I suddenly reach out for her face she'll be freaked out :p: Is there a more subtle way of doing this?

Latest

Trending

Trending