The Student Room Group

Postgraduate application question

Hey everyone! I'm opting to apply for a master's degree and I wanted an opinion as to whether it's better to apply through UCAS or from individual universities' websites. Also any benefits/disadvantages to each method?
Suggestions are really appreciated.
Original post by co3g12
Hey everyone! I'm opting to apply for a master's degree and I wanted an opinion as to whether it's better to apply through UCAS or from individual universities' websites. Also any benefits/disadvantages to each method?
Suggestions are really appreciated.

What are you thinking of applying for? There aren't many Masters degrees that use UCAS as the application method.
Reply 2
Im finishing a BSc Economics and Finance and im probably looking for a master's in Economics and/or Finance.
Original post by co3g12
Im finishing a BSc Economics and Finance and im probably looking for a master's in Economics and/or Finance.

You're almost certainly going to be applying to the individual universities directly then.

Best advice is to check individual deadlines now - some may have passed for this year - and start getting your funding into place.
Reply 4
Start with each individual uni website, which will tell you how to apply for your course.

Only a handful use the UKPASS entry system (the postgrad offshoot of UCAS). It isn't an either/or situation - you can't choose what to do. If a uni uses UKPASS, you have to go via that. If a uni runs its own Masters application system (which most do), then you have to use that.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending