The Student Room Group

taking the last day of term off to do revision at home?

okay so as you all know, the last day of term is always a pointless day, you never end up doing any work because you think it's the last day and you will get cut some slack. I'm thinking of taking the day off TOMMOROW and doing revision at home instead of going to school, the lessons are mostly revision lessons anyway and my attendance in 97% , mostly just finishing of the odd lose end on a topic.

so do you thinks it's acceptable to do this is I know I will work harder at home ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait what?
You're trynna tell me your Easter holidays haven't already began?
Of course!
I'd say ring up and let a teacher now. If you really think they'll be unhappy about it (which would be unfair) then I'd advise you to just say your ill. Its in the best interests of your work to stay at home, which some teachers dont always understand.
I took a good 3 weeks off Sixth form in the run up to my A2 exams - I worked much better at home than at school - and they didn't give a f**k. The teachers obviously knew that I was taking days off to do work at home but they couldn't complain as I was getting the grades.
Reply 4
Original post by Placeboo123
Wait what?
You're trynna tell me your Easter holidays haven't already began?

we don't start till TOMMOROW for some reason, it's only in our city that's doing this though because my friends from other schools on have Brocken up, has everyone else already Brocken up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
so it's pretty unanimous that I should take the day off then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tommy1499
we don't start till TOMMOROW for some reason, it's only in our city that's doing this though because my friends from other schools on have Brocken up, has everyone else already Brocken up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, we've all 'Brocken' up already.
Where you from? ^^
so it's pretty unanimous that I should take the day off then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We haven't broken up yet either - like you we break up tomorrow! But yes, definitely take the day off if it'll help you!!
Reply 8
coventry, everyone outside our city is already on Easter holiday but the good thing is we go back a week later.

how much revision are you getting upto in the holiday? and are you spending any time away from studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
coventry, everyone outside our city is already on Easter holiday but the good thing is we go back a week later.

how much revision are you getting upto in the holiday? and are you spending any time away from studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're on the outskirts of Newcastle. Everyone around us is already off too, just seems to be this town/city! We go back a week later as well, though! And during the holidays there are like 4 and a half days where I'm actually in school at revision sessions but other than that I'm going to spend most days revising, the only times I won't be are when I see my boyfriend and if I meet my friends or go out with my Mum for a coffee, though even then I'll probably still work whilst I'm out as I will when I'm with my boyfriend...
What about you?
Don't bother turning up...

I'm tempted to not go into school for the week before the first week of exams, if I know I won't need any help/extra assistance from teachers.

That way I can really focus on those upcoming two weeks and really 'perfect' the content.
I just don't go to school much after easter. If all content has been taught there is no point.
Reply 12
Original post by emmaalouisee
We're on the outskirts of Newcastle. Everyone around us is already off too, just seems to be this town/city! We go back a week later as well, though! And during the holidays there are like 4 and a half days where I'm actually in school at revision sessions but other than that I'm going to spend most days revising, the only times I won't be are when I see my boyfriend and if I meet my friends or go out with my Mum for a coffee, though even then I'll probably still work whilst I'm out as I will when I'm with my boyfriend...
What about you?

I might just follow my normal school time table for 5 hours a day and then do my normal revision timetable as well of another 3 hours , apart from that I probz wont go out much except for a round of golf with my dad which will take up 4 hours on a Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest