The Student Room Group

I always wonder

Why I've never been in a relationship before. I'm a 20 year old guy, tall and light. I get told I'm pretty good looking, and I am very thoughtful and selfless. This doesn't make me less of a man, I just know my place. I do get told I am very straight forward and serious when I need to be, but I like having a laugh with people around me.

I do admit I can find it difficult talking to girls I have an interest for at first, but that would settle in short time. Some girls seem put off by me when they hear my 'posh' accent. I don't even think I sound posh, I just have a standard English accent, one like say a member of parliament, nothing extremely posh like the queen though. I don't consider my self posh, I just think I'm smart, both in terms of presentation (I like dressing smart casual) and intelligence - I go to med school.

A lot of girls also don't appeal to me, not because they're not attractive, but I just don't think their hobbies are relevant to me. Too much difference in persona I mean. Maybe I could learn to appreciate peoples hobbies more ? I must admit that is a great weakness I have.

Anyone else feel the same way, or just have difficulties in relationships in general ?
(edited 9 years ago)
You seem very quick to demonstrate how great you are, is arrogance your problem maybe?
Original post by jordan12341
You seem very quick to demonstrate how great you are, is arrogance your problem maybe?

I appreciate your reply. You must remember that no one on this forum knows who I am, so it is necessary for me to describe myself for the purpose of this thread. Furthermore, I find it rather disappointing that you seem to only comment on how I demonstrate the good things about myself, when I clearly spoke of negatives also.

With that said, I don't think I am arrogant. I keep my circle very small, I rarely start conversations with people, and I am a very quiet person in public places. Sorry if I came across as arrogant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending