The Student Room Group

Gorgeous receptionist - Need Advice

Hi people.

I've been a guest at a Travelodge in Cambridge for a couple of days and there's this gorgeous, beautiful receptionist working on some days. I'm 22 years old, and she's about my age. I've spoken to her at the bar several times but only twice with a continued 15 - 20 minute good conversation. However, when I see her at reception I say hello and smile at her, she of course says hello and smiles back. (Of course she could be smiling and answering back as per her job description) BUT during our long conversations her supervisor got in the way and asked her to do something that just randomly comes into his mind. He asks her to check something that he has JUST checked himself...

He had a word with her because she was talking to me at the bar, and I thought that I had gotten her into a bit of trouble and so I did the right thing and apologised to her if I had unwittingly got her into trouble. However, I spoke again to her today. I noticed that she was a bit 'bored' and had a not so happy face on until I came into the reception area from the stairs from 2nd floor. As I walked in she smiled and said "hey, how are you?" With a smile. - Now, granted as said above she could be just smiling and welcoming/saying hi as her job description states to make guests feel welcome.

Now this is where it starts to get a bit awkward. From talking to her and having nice and funny conversations, (I flirted with her a bit, she returned with a bit of flirtation herself) but without it getting awkward, I really want to ask her if she's single and to perhaps get her number...but I'm not sure how to proceed as I don't want to get her into any trouble as I'm a guest in a hotel she works at. I kinda really like her but am really not sure how to proceed with it. If I ask her for her number, will she get into trouble? Will she be allowed to give her number to a guest whom likes her?

Pleade give me some advise as I am lost on what course of action to take. I really don't want to ask her out and find out she gets in trouble by her supervisor for it. :frown:

Thank you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
From what you said go for it forget about the supervisor he is in relevant in this. You've already interacted with her & you've said yourself there has been flirting & maybe chemistry flowing between you & her. Time waits for no one my friend. Don't be a woulda, coulda, shoulda guy, the longer you delay asking for her number the less likely you'll end up doing it. Good luck hope it all ends up well for you.
:you: :found: :love: :in: :a: :hopeless: :tongue:lace: !
Remember, you're a paying customer. I can't see a reason SHE would get into trouble for a customer asking her on a date/for her number - she's done nothing wrong in that situation. Also as Joker says above me, do it before you lose your nerve. Some girls prefer the face to face asking, but if you feel you cant get to that point, you could always give her your number on check out and tell her to call you if she wants to go out sometime.

P.S. Don't ask if shes single, just ask her if she wants to go out/grab a drink sometime, that will answer both questions
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you, Matthew and Joker for your helpfulness. I will try and ask her out when I see her next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending