The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hid
OP
also when i enter the uni's down it says after that ''You have not entered a previous application number'' - where do i get this or don't u put anything.

another thing - when do i choose the University order i.e. my first choice uni and then second, 3rd, 4th etc.

thanks
Reply 2
hid
OP
PQ
Was your awarding body Edexcel? If so then the code for Edexcel is "E" (as explained in the UCAS online help)

yeah but there is now an 'Edex' on the list of awarding body.
and 'E' info on help menu is not there.

i'm very confused.
Reply 3
hid
also when i enter the uni's down it says after that ''You have not entered a previous application number'' - where do i get this or don't u put anything.

another thing - when do i choose the University order i.e. my first choice uni and then second, 3rd, 4th etc.

thanks

You only have a previous application number if you have applied before.

You don't rank your unis in an order of preference. Once you've received all your offers you can decide where to go.
wesetters
If your exam board was Edexcel, then you put Edex in the box. UCAS changed it from E to make it less confusing, but to be quite honest, I think it made things worse :p:
Why do you think it made it worse?
Reply 5
hid
OP
You don't rank your unis in an order of preference. Once you've received all your offers you can decide where to go.

what?

One of the Uni's open days i went to, the tutor of the department who deals with UCAS apps forms said you rank them and we know which uni is ur first choice.

so i'm now more confused :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
hid

what?

One of the Uni's open days i went to, the tutor of the department who deals with UCAS apps forms said you rank them and we know which uni is ur first choice.

so i'm now more confused :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Universities don't know what other choices you're applying to. I think you misinterpreted them. They most likely meant that after you have replied to your choices, i.e. made your firm and insurance choices, and declines. Only then would they know your first choice (because that's the only time they know your choices).
You can only rank your choices once you've received all 6 replies, when you pick one as your firm, one as your insurance and decline the others. Before that, you can't put your choices in any particular order.
kellywood_5
You can only rank your choices once you've received all 6 replies, when you pick one as your firm, one as your insurance and decline the others. Before that, you can't put your choices in any particular order.
Assuming you applied for 6 choices :wink:
Reply 9
hid
OP
ok thanks evry1

Latest

Trending

Trending