The Student Room Group

Why is he doing this? guys help please...

Hey guys,

I'm going to make the story short.

Basically, this guy followed me on instagram and we spoke and exchanged numbers and even spoke on the phone a few times. We spoke for around 10 days.
Then he randomly blocked me on whatsapp, he sent me a message saying 'dw, I'll explain later'. Apparently his uncle was there and he did not want his uncle knowing he speaks to a girl. So I left it at that.

However, again a few days after he blocked me, he sent me a message saying he will unblock me later, he unblocked me a few days later. He apologied and said his phone was not working and that his cousin had passed away, so he had not been in the mood.

The day after, he said he's sending his phone to repairs...we spoke for an hour then he sent his phone off, but again he blocked me. The day after I noticed the fact that he had unblocked me, I asked why he had not sent it to repairs yet...he blocked me again right after.

I just don't understand what's going on.

I have blocked him on whatsapp too now, too immature and weird.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Btw, we were NOT in a relationship, we were just getting to know each other more.
Reply 2
You've only been speaking for 10 days and you seem so attached to him.
Calm down
Reply 3
Original post by Uw0tm8_
You've only been speaking for 10 days and you seem so attached to him.
Calm down

I'm not as I said I have blocked him myself.

I'm just curious to know what possibly the reason could be
Sounds like a bit of a plant pot lol.

I don't know why on Earth you would assume guys normally act like that...

It's like you assume guys act differently from girls... Hm...
Reply 5
Original post by TorpidPhil
Sounds like a bit of a plant pot lol.

I don't know why on Earth you would assume guys normally act like that...

It's like you assume guys act differently from girls... Hm...

lool, I have no idea what made him constantly block me and then to unblock me.
Either way, I blocked him myself as he's acting as a kid.
Immaturity is the problem I guess.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

I'm going to make the story short.

Basically, this guy followed me on instagram and we spoke and exchanged numbers and even spoke on the phone a few times. We spoke for around 10 days.
Then he randomly blocked me on whatsapp, he sent me a message saying 'dw, I'll explain later'. Apparently his uncle was there and he did not want his uncle knowing he speaks to a girl. So I left it at that.

However, again a few days after he blocked me, he sent me a message saying he will unblock me later, he unblocked me a few days later. He apologied and said his phone was not working and that his cousin had passed away, so he had not been in the mood.

The day after, he said he's sending his phone to repairs...we spoke for an hour then he sent his phone off, but again he blocked me. The day after I noticed the fact that he had unblocked me, I asked why he had not sent it to repairs yet...he blocked me again right after.

I just don't understand what's going on.

I have blocked him on whatsapp too now, too immature and weird.

I don't know if this is just something I'd think (since I tend to over think things). But it sounds like there's more to the story like maybe he blocks you when he's with his partner or another girl he is chatting to. He could do this to avoid confrontation when you send him a message or something... Just a thought.
He sounds like a psychopath
giving your number to a stranger possibly wasn't a smart thing for you to do
He sounds like he probably has a girlfriend.
Reply 9
Original post by quentinhamilton
He sounds like a psychopath
giving your number to a stranger possibly wasn't a smart thing for you to do

He wasn't a stranger, mutual friends on instagram. we had followed each other for some time now
Original post by MissDetermined
He sounds like he probably has a girlfriend.

yep, most probably...feel sorry for his girlfriend tbh
but how is it possible to be with your girlfriend 24/7?

He could live with her lol
because he unblocks me every now and then, like twice a week
Original post by phunky_fresh
He could live with her lol

as far as I'm aware he's a student living by himself...

Well obviously he's not, he probably unblocks you and talks to you when she's not around. It's not normal behaviour and that's the most likely conclusion.
as far as I'm aware he's a student living by himself...

She could go to the same uni or she could visit often.
Original post by MissDetermined
Well obviously he's not, he probably unblocks you and talks to you when she's not around. It's not normal behaviour and that's the most likely conclusion.

why did he unblock me once? and not speak to me? then the moment I sent him a message asking what's going on, he blocked me again...and agreed 100%, not normal
Only he'll know that. It's not worth losing sleep over, just move on from it.
If thats his way of tryna act "hard to get", he has failed miserably. Just block him out of your life before you get too attached to him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending