The Student Room Group

Schroders Trainee programme

Ive been offered a video interview with Schroderd for their one year trainee programme, does anybody have any experience with this? Or just some useful tips? Thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im also applying, what is your academic background if you mind me asking ?
I don't think id get accepted on the Grad scheme so applying for this scheme to gain industry exp.
Reply 2
Same haha! I'm in my final year of A-levels :smile:
Reply 3
Yourself?
Reply 4
sweet
Im a university graduate, i doubt they would take me on the graduate scheme as I have poor A-level results so make sure you SMASH THEM, they are so important for high flying jobs.
I just sent my application through, how long till they got hold of you for the video interview and have you done it yet ?
fingers crossed for you bro
Reply 5
Er, was about a week and yeah but I panicked so much and probably sounded so stupid haha! Webcam interviews are so scary! Have you done yours yet?
Reply 6
Not yet, still waiting on a reply from them.
I'm sure you did good. you applying for anything else ?
hope they get back to me though.
Reply 7
Same... No reply yet not sure if I will and a few random places yeah! You?
What uni do you come from?
Reply 8
just got a reply to do the video interview
any pointers ? are there set questions ?
have you heard bcd from them ?
Hargreaves land owns have a few non graduate positions
I went to Plymouth University you ?
Reply 9
Use the two minutes before the question has to be recorded wisely, get a piece of paper right down key points and talk yourself through them so when you have to record it you seem confident and stuff! And not yet no they probably want people at least at uni so I'm pretty uncertain but either way it was a good experience :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by acontium
Use the two minutes before the question has to be recorded wisely, get a piece of paper right down key points and talk yourself through them so when you have to record it you seem confident and stuff! And not yet no they probably want people at least at uni so I'm pretty uncertain but either way it was a good experience :smile:

Sounds good, what questions do they ask?
I hope they call us back, I'm doing my video tomorrow.
Reply 11
So general sort of like a positions you've helped people, why you'd be right for the job that kinda stuff nothing technical at all or about the job really
Reply 12
Just did my video today
deadline was the 10th lol, left it a little late.
hopefully if we make it to the assessment day, the assessment itself isn't crazy.
Reply 13
I got a call at about 4:30 offering me an interview :smile: good luck!
Reply 14
Well done, hope you ace it bro, i should have done mine earlier, I'm guessing it will be another 1-2 weeks till they potentially get back to me. What do you think the pay is ?
Reply 15
Yeah most likely, the website advises 16-21k with full company benefits so idk
Reply 16
Pm me your email or something if you prefer may be easier
Reply 17
I've been invited to do the video interview also. big1wun, did you get any different questions or do either of you have any other tips? good luck to both of you!
Original post by acontium
Er, was about a week and yeah but I panicked so much and probably sounded so stupid haha! Webcam interviews are so scary! Have you done yours yet?

Could you bulletpoint a few of the questions they asked?

Anyone who has completed the interview, do these questions correspond to which you have been asked with others?
other worse, do they ask the same questions for all, are they standardised.
Reply 19
Probably not haha! Just about what drives you and what you've done before, just think carefully about the skills you've learnt in life :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending