The Student Room Group

Possible to change course when they already made an offer?

Up until jst now, I had no idea Applied Psychology was a 'soft' subject. Well, is it? I wanted to become a clinical psychologist and thought studying it applied in the real world will give a better spine than studying Psychology as a whole (too broad?). Any views?

Also, I've applied to two out of my six unis in UCAS for Applied Psychology. One at Durham I'm not too concerned about, but if I could, can I change from Applied Psychology to just Psychology at Kent? I've checked the grade requirements and they are the same, so I was wondering if its possible?

Thanks!:smile:
levistone
Up until jst now, I had no idea Applied Psychology was a 'soft' subject. Well, is it? I wanted to become a clinical psychologist and thought studying it applied in the real world will give a better spine than studying Psychology as a whole (too broad?). Any views?

Also, I've applied to two out of my six unis in UCAS for Applied Psychology. One at Durham I'm not too concerned about, but if I could, can I change from Applied Psychology to just Psychology at Kent? I've checked the grade requirements and they are the same, so I was wondering if its possible?

Thanks!:smile:
Yeah, that's possible. You need to contact Kent about it though, it's up to them whether they're willing to allow you to swap. They probably will because the courses aren't that much different. Good luck :smile:
yip you can do that - just contact the relevant uniz, but you beter make sure that the subject you wanna swop with isn't very popular, coz sometimes they may tell you that you can't, and you have apply the following year, or have to transfer when they have an available place *coz you know sometimes, people drop out*
Reply 3
They don't have to consider you for the new course, but as it's so early they probably will. And they can change your offer if they do decide to offer you a place
Just phone Kent and ask. The requirements are the same and it's a really similar course, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending