The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology A2

Hi, currently learning from Mike Cardwell & Cara Flanagan's Psychology A2 complete companion (book).

In my opinion, its a terribly written book. I have to refer to two other books that I have often simply to understand what it is saying. But anyway, these are the exam questions I'm currently stuck on:

DISCUSS/DESCRIBE & EVALUATE RESEARCH INTO ULTRADIAN RHYTHMS.

DISCUSS/DESCRIBE & EVALUATE RESEARCH INTO INFRADIAN RHYTHMS.

My book simply tells me about examples of each type of rhythm (sleep stages and menstrual cycle) but gives me no AO1 research.. I need research to answer this 24-mark question..

So, for anyone who knows legitimate research into these rhythms, or already has an answer to one or both of these questions, PLEASE HELP ME??

Also accepting discussion about the quality of this book - has anyone else has problems with it?
my teacher said that the descriptions would count as A01 - or is she wrong?

i personally dont really like the book because its too wordy and the information is not very clear. although its good that each double page spread is one topic

i recommend you look up research online

let me know if you find anything
Oh really? I'm teaching myself so I'm likely to have less info. on this stuff than you. I get that description might be AO1 in answering questions like 'describe and evaluate one biological rhythm', but surely explanations or descriptions of rhythms wouldn't count as AO1 when answering a question about research?
Or did your teacher say otherwise?
Thanks for your reply. I agree, the information isn't clear in this book - Ive had to go over things so often from so many other sources just to grasp certain concepts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the teacher has been telling us to use the info in the dog book even if there isnt a study because your still describing and discussing a particular topic which is what the question asks. If you really want to i guess you can find some research but the book is written by as far as i know a previous chief examiner as well as cara flanagan so im sure they are write.

Uf u reply to my post can you quote me so i can see you reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest