The Student Room Group

Robert Gordon University or Edinburgh Napier University

Hey! I received an unconditonal offer at both Robert Gordon University and Edinburgh Napier University for the Architectural Technology program but now I've got this huge dilemma over which to choose.

If anybody has got any opinion as to the different cities and how Edinburgh and Aberdeen are like and as well as the universities itself, I'd love to hear from you! I've done some research but would really appreciate personal experience and opinions.

Thank youuuuu!

Scroll to see replies

Hi :smile: I can't help you sorry, but I'm asking myself the exact same question because in september I'm going to start applying for my MA in journalism and these universities are also in my list. So please when you decide let me know what city you have chosen :smile:
well if it helps, Edinburgh has a great student life :smile:
Reply 3
Don't know if this will help at all, but I'm going to study Architectural Technology at Napier. Between the two universities I was much more impressed with Napier, and Edinburgh itself has so much more activities for students. I've been told by a few people now that Aberdeen can be quite expensive because of the oil industry there, but the same could be said for Edinburgh during the festival season. I'm a little biased though as I've wanted to go to Edinburgh for years. Good luck with your decision! :smile:
Reply 4
hey! I was just about to reply you on the other thread! Have you decided which to choose as your firm choice at Napier? :biggrin: I actually think I'm gonna go ahead with Napier!
i did a year of college at aberdeen and now go to napier

edinburgh is by far a better city
Reply 6
Hey, I actually put AT as my firm choice, it's only a B I need to get in the course so I think I'll be okay :biggrin: Thank god I've found someone doing the same course!
Reply 7
Sweet, yeah you're the first that I've met/talked to that's got an offer for AT haha and it'll probably go good! When do you get to know your results? Update me on how it goes :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by EilidhG
Hey, I actually put AT as my firm choice, it's only a B I need to get in the course so I think I'll be okay :biggrin: Thank god I've found someone doing the same course!

Sweet, yeah you're the first that I've met/talked to that's got an offer for AT haha and it'll probably go good! When do you get to know your results? Update me on how it goes :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
i did a year of college at aberdeen and now go to napier

edinburgh is by far a better city

thanks for the reply! I think I'll be going with Napier actually :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by bindkaa

I can't wait until September, I'm so excited! It'll be August before I know my results though (boo :frown:) but I'll sure let you know :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by EilidhG
I can't wait until September, I'm so excited! It'll be August before I know my results though (boo :frown:) but I'll sure let you know :smile:

Great! :biggrin: Goodluck though on your exams or whatnot! Are you native?
Reply 12
Original post by bindkaa
Great! :biggrin: Goodluck though on your exams or whatnot! Are you native?

Thank you, you too! Yeah, born and bred, What about you? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by EilidhG
Thank you, you too! Yeah, born and bred, What about you? :smile:

Nice, from Edinburgh? Stockholm, Sweden but I'm not natively from there :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by bindkaa
Nice, from Edinburgh? Stockholm, Sweden but I'm not natively from there :smile:

No I'm right at the top of Scotland, any further and I'd be in the water :biggrin:
Seems like you've made up your mind anyway but I'll add another vote for Edinburgh!

I've actually also got an offer for second year entry AT in Napier but I'm firming Architecture at Edinburgh. Just about to graduate with HND in AT from City of Glasgow College.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RGU is the better uni with much much better employer links

Edinburgh is the better city, can't vouch for the employability of Napier students though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Princepieman
RGU is the better uni with much much better employer links

Edinburgh is the better city, can't vouch for the employability of Napier students though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you or have you studied at RGU?
Original post by bindkaa
Do you or have you studied at RGU?

I live in Aberdeen and have a ton of friends going there and I've been to RGU for some lectures/activities many times.

Obviously, this isn't concrete but from what I've witnessed RGU is awesome at getting people into jobs because of Aberdeen's economy and their great careers service.
Reply 19
Original post by Princepieman
I live in Aberdeen and have a ton of friends going there and I've been to RGU for some lectures/activities many times.

Obviously, this isn't concrete but from what I've witnessed RGU is awesome at getting people into jobs because of Aberdeen's economy and their great careers service.

After all the research I did, RGU seems great and I really liked the campus a lot but I'm a bit sceptic towards the town itself. I feel like compared to where I'm from it'll such a major change and I don't know how I feel towards moving to a significantly smaller place. Maybe sounds like a lame excuse or reason haha

Quick Reply

Latest