The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Selwyn College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

I looked around and there doesn't seem to be any "Selwyn Applicants" threads nor Selwyn endorsement threads.:wink:

Anyone applied to Selwyn? Anyone here already at Selwyn?
Lets countdown to Jan 2nd:biggrin:

I stayed there for 2 days. Lovely rooms in D and food is not bad too:p: My room was opposite the library, saw some students hibernating there at 11pm last night..

Scroll to see replies

There are several Selwynites lurking around :wink:

Feel free to pm if you have specific questions.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Haha, I am couting fown to Jan 2nd with you ;p glad Selwyn finally has a thread though :biggrin:
Reply 3
Yep, all that is left is to wait for "the letter", still am determined to forget it all and enjoy my Christmas.
*is a Selwynite*

look out for me if you're coming for interview! I'm doing welcom desk - i'm the ginger 3rd year architecture student.
Reply 5
I know 2 Selwynites and 1 ex-Selwynite and they're all wonderful.
Reply 6
spin

Good stuff, well at least now I know I haven't made some wrong choice in my college decision ;p
Reply 7
You'll love Selwyn.
I just finished my first term and I can't wait to get back again.
Burky
You'll love Selwyn.

hehe i know you! did you enjoy the Selwyn College Union of Mathematicians (SCUM!) Christmas Dinner?

Glad you like Selwyn so much! it does rock.
Reply 9
Burky
You'll love Selwyn.

LOL, this is going to break my heart if I don't get in now :biggrin:

I remember going to the open day for Selwyn, it had such a ncie atmostsphere. Glad they never asked me why I picked Selwyn for my college choice because it was actually a really dumb reason...I mean besides the nice atmosphere and nice people that is :wink: I think one of the main reasons of choosing Selwyn was the red carpets :s-smilie: I remember it was raining dismally on the day I came and I'd just come from Kings which had blue carpets and thus managed to catch the grey light and make it look dark whereas when I got the Selwyn the sun had just come out and the red carpets where making the corridors look really warm...I like to pretend that it was a sign rather than an overactive imagination ^^;;;
Reply 10
scarlet ibis
hehe i know you! did you enjoy the Selwyn College Union of Mathematicians (SCUM!) Christmas Dinner?

Glad you like Selwyn so much! it does rock.

Yeah, it was really good. I didn't realise Terry was such a good cook; the food was fantastic.

I don't think I could have given a good reason why I'd chosen Selwyn at the interview either. I actually hadn't looked round that many of the colleges at the time, but I've seen most of the colleges now and I don't think any look as good, or have as nice an atmosphere.
Burky
Yeah, it was really good. I didn't realise Terry was such a good cook; the food was fantastic.

I don't think I could have given a good reason why I'd chosen Selwyn at the interview either. I actually hadn't looked round that many of the colleges at the time, but I've seen most of the colleges now and I don't think any look as good, or have as nice an atmosphere.

Yeah, he is an excellent cook! Though I think you were the only first year who dared to come - the rest were put off by his dubious emails, lol :rolleyes:
spin

Good morning Tegwen and Tom - isn't it amazing how you can find random people you know on the internet?

Incidentally, am I one of the 2 wonderful Selwynites (or am I one that you didn't mention because it might scare people? :wink: )

To whoever started this thread: Selwyn is lovely, it really really is. On the other hand, everyone seems to think wherever they end up is lovely so even if we don't see you in October I'm sure you'll end up happy anyway :smile:
Reply 13
faik_kheft
Good morning Tegwen and Tom - isn't it amazing how you can find random people you know on the internet?

Incidentally, am I one of the 2 wonderful Selwynites (or am I one that you didn't mention because it might scare people? :wink: )

To whoever started this thread: Selwyn is lovely, it really really is. On the other hand, everyone seems to think whever they end up is lovely so even if we don't see you in October I'm sure you'll end up happy anyway :smile:

Hey Fran, should have guessed you'd be lurking somewhere :p: Did you ever kill your man btw?
Someone else got him first, he kept being out when I was there - I confused his neighbour though! And I got a Selwynite with a banana, then I was stabbed in my corridor - how rude! :biggrin:
are you guys all first years then? i don't think i know you. well, except Tom cos he's a Mathmo and came to the SCUM events held by my boyfriend.

i feel all old!
Oooh killing a fellow selwynite with a banana... thats low. I'll never forgive the fellow selwynite who killed me in my first term. With a lame knife cut out of paper. Not even a stylish death!

Selwyn is cool btw. Go there, you'll love it.
Reply 17
I'm also a Selwyn applicant (Natural Sciences).

Just out of interest...because I'll be at school on 3rd January when the decision letter should arrive, is the letter that they send to you personally the only way of finding out their decision or will they contact your school as well?
how did everyone do?
Reply 19
Rejected for Maths with Physics

Quick Reply

Latest