The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

What's the best NTU accommodation?

What are the most popular lively ones? May I add, my course is located in Clifton campus. I thought it would be sensible for me to pick accommodation in New Halls which is literally 30 seconds away from lectures.

But I have a feeling new halls might be boring..

What do you guys recommend are the good lively accommodations choices? I was thinking of somewhere in City Campus like Gill Street, but that means extra travel to my lectures right?
Plus I don't want to be living with a bunch of postgraduates.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
If you go for private and apply to Russell View, I think you get a free bus pass. But check their website, it should confirm it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Async
What are the most popular lively ones? May I add, my course is located in Clifton campus. I thought it would be sensible for me to pick accommodation in New Halls which is literally 30 seconds away from lectures.

But I have a feeling new halls might be boring..

What do you guys recommend are the good lively accommodations choices? I was thinking of somewhere in City Campus like Gill Street, but that means extra travel to my lectures right?
Plus I don't want to be living with a bunch of postgraduates.

Hi Async,

My course is based in the city, I have only been to Clifton a few times for night outs. The halls there usually tend to popular with students. Its convenient and easy to get to lectures. Also, you will be living with other first years not postgraduates.

Depending on your budget you could also choose to live in the city as some students tend do. There is a go2uni bus that goes from city to clifton every 7 minutes at peak lecture times. You can check the availability for Gill street North, sandby and Bryon, these are a few of my favourites in the City.

Make sure you look into all options . Some of the popular halls fill up quickly, so do your research so you know what your choice would be if your first/second/third choice were full.

Cheers,
Erica
Reply 3
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Async,

My course is based in the city, I have only been to Clifton a few times for night outs. The halls there usually tend to popular with students. Its convenient and easy to get to lectures. Also, you will be living with other first years not postgraduates.

Depending on your budget you could also choose to live in the city as some students tend do. There is a go2uni bus that goes from city to clifton every 7 minutes at peak lecture times. You can check the availability for Gill street North, sandby and Bryon, these are a few of my favourites in the City.

Make sure you look into all options . Some of the popular halls fill up quickly, so do your research so you know what your choice would be if your first/second/third choice were full.

Cheers,
Erica

Thanks, I've watched all the videos on YouTube about the accommodation, and to be honest they all look the same to me. Gill street does look nice though but its not on my campus. I wanted to pick New Halls but the YouTube video has people that look like postgraduates and that was a nono for me.
Original post by Async
Thanks, I've watched all the videos on YouTube about the accommodation, and to be honest they all look the same to me. Gill street does look nice though but its not on my campus. I wanted to pick New Halls but the YouTube video has people that look like postgraduates and that was a nono for me.

Its definitely not for postgraduates. If you want a further reassurance please give the Accommodation Team a call on +44 (0) 115 848 4200.

All first years are usually placed with other first years.

Please note the halls tends to fill up quickly.

Cheers,
Erica
Original post by Async

Hey Async,

Its definitely not for postgraduates. If you want reassurance give the Accommodation Team a call on +44 (0) 115 848 4200.

All first years are usually placed with other first years.

Cheers,
Erica

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending