The Student Room Group

What is the Best Movie Franchise to Marathon Watch?

You have a day to yourself and can have any box set of your choosing. You have to marathon watch one whole movie franchise, what movie franchise do you chose, and why?

Mine would be, the Star Wars franchise. Three of those films are arguably three of the best movies of all time, IV V VI, and the other three, although horrible for fans, can have some fun scenes and sequences. The hope of the original trilogy would get me through watching the prequels.

So what would yours be?

Scroll to see replies

Scooby Doo films.
Original post by NickObey97
You have a day to yourself and can have any box set of your choosing. You have to marathon watch one whole movie franchise, what movie franchise do you chose, and why?

Mine would be, the Star Wars franchise. Three of those films are arguably three of the best movies of all time, IV V VI, and the other three, although horrible for fans, can have some fun scenes and sequences. The hope of the original trilogy would get me through watching the prequels.

So what would yours be?

omg eww no way.

STAR TERK FTW
Star Wars is such a good choice! I'd go with that one or Indiana Jones.... But then there are so many to choose from!
Reply 4
Original post by valkyrie-grey
Star Wars is such a good choice! I'd go with that one or Indiana Jones.... But then there are so many to choose from!

Another great choice, the problem with these franchises is they all have bad movie/s in them. Cant think of one that is full of all good films, can you?
Reply 5
Original post by DanielBaranowski
omg eww no way.

STAR TERK FTW

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one, don't suppose there is any chance you would come over to the dark side?
Another great choice, the problem with these franchises is they all have bad movie/s in them. Cant think of one that is full of all good films, can you?

I would have said Marvel but there's the Hulk films which let it down a bit, The Hobbit maybe?
Reply 7
I would have said Marvel but there's the Hulk films which let it down a bit, The Hobbit maybe?

With Marvel it depends how you look at it really. If you want to go MCU, you could go from the first Iron Man up until now and the phase 3 movies, the only Hulk included in that is Mark Ruffalo. Even then, Iron Man II and III, were awful in my opinion. I didn't like the second or third Hobbit either, coming from a book fan, but I can see why people thought they were fun. Loved Lord of the Rings, but is The Hobbit included in that?
Reply 8
Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
Scooby Doo films.

Interesting choice, I haven't seen them so I can't comment.
With Marvel it depends how you look at it really. If you want to go MCU, you could go from the first Iron Man up until now and the phase 3 movies, the only Hulk included in that is Mark Ruffalo. Even then, Iron Man II and III, were awful in my opinion. I didn't like the second or third Hobbit either, coming from a book fan, but I can see why people thought they were fun. Loved Lord of the Rings, but is The Hobbit included in that?

Yeah I agree actually, they aren't the best :/ Oh no? I'm a fan of the book but I liked the films too. I haven't seen Lord of the Rings, which I'm ashamed to say but I have never had a chance to get my hands on them. I would love to marathon LOTR some day. You could include it with the Hobbit but I personally wouldn't.
The original Planet of the Apes franchise.
Reply 11
Yeah I agree actually, they aren't the best :/ Oh no? I'm a fan of the book but I liked the films too. I haven't seen Lord of the Rings, which I'm ashamed to say but I have never had a chance to get my hands on them. I would love to marathon LOTR some day. You could include it with the Hobbit but I personally wouldn't.

I hadn't seen the LotR movies until last year, but I took it as an opportunity to read the books before hand. If you haven't I definitely would before watching the movies! If we don't include the Hobbit Movies, then LotR is probably the perfect franchise to marathon watch as there isn't a bad movie in that trilogy.
Reply 12
Original post by EatAndRevise
The original Planet of the Apes franchise.

Another really good choice, what do you make of the new movies?
Another really good choice, what do you make of the new movies?

Well, the 2001 film (Tim Burton's adaptation) was terrible.

But the newer movies are very entertaining, and the CGI is outstanding. I always find myself going back to watch the older movies though, nothing can beat the originals.
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one, don't suppose there is any chance you would come over to the dark side?

Ah sorry mate, star fleet academy is my calling. However, we do have space for a couple more...
Reply 15
Original post by EatAndRevise
Well, the 2001 film (Tim Burton's adaptation) was terrible.

But the newer movies are very entertaining, and the CGI is outstanding. I always find myself going back to watch the older movies though, nothing can beat the originals.

I completely agree about the Burton movie. I prefer the newer movies, but I wasn't around for the magi of the old movies to really hit home with me. Dawn was one of my favourite films of last year!
Reply 16
Original post by DanielBaranowski
Ah sorry mate, star fleet academy is my calling. However, we do have space for a couple more...

Sorry man, I'm always going to be part of the rebellion. May the force be with you!
marvel of course
Sorry man, I'm always going to be part of the rebellion. May the force be with you!

Its ok mate,

Live long and Prosper my friend
Reply 19
Original post by Georgelowe1
marvel of course

What film do you start at?

Quick Reply

Latest