The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS vs King's

Hi there,

I am holding conditional offers for both SOAS and King's for International Relations.

Can anyone tell me whether which one should be better and why? Is it true that the environment at SOAS is not that great, as well as the poor support staff offers you?

Thx in advance!
environment at SOAS is brilliant mate.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
King's probs more reputable
Reply 3
Given that I will probably continue on further studies, which one would be my better choice when it comes to be accepted to a very high uni for the MA? I mean, maybe SOAS is too focused on Middle east and Asia and it won't give me that overall preparation I require. On the other hand I saw King's is dropping in league tables and student satisfaction as well.. any suggestions?
soas for IR! Kings has been declining in recent years. SOAS also has a much more interesting course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Yes, when it comes to the course SOAS has definitely the most interesting one, but I'd like to analyse economics as well, is SOAS any good in the Political economy/development aspect?

Thanks for your support guys!
Original post by nikortu
Yes, when it comes to the course SOAS has definitely the most interesting one, but I'd like to analyse economics as well, is SOAS any good in the Political economy/development aspect?

Thanks for your support guys!

If I'm not mistaken, development economics is one of soas' strong areas. Just have a look on the prospectus or something. I don't study at either of them so I wouldn't know about the course structure.
SOAS has a very good reputation especially for International Relations.
Reply 8
Original post by ActusReus
SOAS has a very good reputation especially for International Relations.

Is it better than the War Studies department at King's? I heard that at SAOS you are not supported enough through your studies..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending