The Student Room Group

AS Biology Revision OCR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolgamer
Same the coursework :frown: I flopped it

What was your coursework on?? I did my first set of coursework a week before easter holidays. Our teacher said that we can only re-take one max. which is unfair. :frown:
Original post by Elhamm
What was your coursework on?? I did my first set of coursework a week before easter holidays. Our teacher said that we can only re-take one max. which is unfair. :frown:

We were able to re-take it 3 times. Lol.
Original post by High Stakes
We were able to re-take it 3 times. Lol.

lucky! I know we were suppose to do 3x but due to "shortage of staff and time" we can't. Also, they have to send all the courseworks to the examboard before 10th May.
Original post by Elhamm
lucky! I know we were suppose to do 3x but due to "shortage of staff and time" we can't. Also, they have to send all the courseworks to the examboard before 10th May.

You have my condolences. I hated the AS Biology coursework and only managed to scrape an A. I just finished the A2 Biology coursework with a 37 out of 40 total (35 for an A) which took 2 resits.
Original post by Elhamm

We were'nt allowed to retake any as the head of Biology in my school claimed he wanted to make it 'as honest as possible'. So many did badly on the coursework though. I just cannot to biology practicals without feeling I have no idea what I'm doing :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tcameron
We were'nt allowed to retake any as the head of Biology in my school claimed he wanted to make it 'as honest as possible'. So many did badly on the coursework though. I just cannot to biology practicals without feeling I have no idea what I'm doing :frown:

What grade are you aiming for overall?
What grade are you aiming for overall?

an A, I know I can probably get it in the exams with tonnes of revision but I fear my coursework will bring me down to a B.
I really need an A as I want to go into medicine.
an A, I know I can probably get it in the exams with tonnes of revision but I fear my coursework will bring me down to a B.
I really need an A as I want to go into medicine.

You should appeal your decision. I feel really sorry for the people who had incredibly strict teachers (for no utter reason) - Coursework is stupid and thankfully is being phased out.

Fortunately for me, my teachers are a lot more lenient lol (a lot)
You should appeal your decision. I feel really sorry for the people who had incredibly strict teachers (for no utter reason) - Coursework is stupid and thankfully is being phased out.

Fortunately for me, my teachers are a lot more lenient lol (a lot)

I wish my teachers were more lenient, as now I have to try to get very high mark in the exams to make up for my bad ISA marks
I've found these F212 notes and they are abosultely helpful because they shorten everything down as well as going through the specification! I think I might use this as my revision notes instead of my own :biggrin:
i got

8/10
9/10
17/20

Which is a B. If all teachers were equally as strict as mine then the grade boundaries won't be so flipping high :frown:
Original post by Angelo12231
i got

8/10
9/10
17/20

Which is a B. If all teachers were equally as strict as mine then the grade boundaries won't be so flipping high :frown:

How can that be a B?? In my school they told us that to get an A you need a 34/40, which is what you have achieved unless they raise the grade boundaries (ugh!)
Original post by Elhamm
How can that be a B?? In my school they told us that to get an A you need a 34/40, which is what you have achieved unless they raise the grade boundaries (ugh!)

Oh well, every mark below an A is compensated with every mark above an A in the exams... Shouldn't be too hard to destroy that B grade
Reply 73
Original post by coolgamer
Why must cholesterol be transported around body?

Used to make bile and steroid sex hormones.
Original post by Ben4
What grade did you get in A2 then for the drop? Do you think it is because the content is so much harder than AS or because you didn't try as hard as you could have? I am in AS and contemplating whether to drop it.

I got a u in unit 5 as I didn't even attend the lectures never mind opening a book
Don't ever say you aren't clever enough to do something because anyone can do anything they want if they put their mind to it and work hard for it. Plus it makes us biologists look like we aren't clever. -.- good luck in your exams!

As long as you want it and work for it hard enough, there is not a thing you cannot achieve. Mobile
How's revision going guys? :smile:
Original post by Elhamm
How's revision going guys? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great.Just disd Task 1 and Task 2 of my EMPA,it's really easy!
Now atm I'm doing past papers for Unit 1.
How do you measure vital capacity,tidal volume,oxygen uptake from using a spirometer
Reply 79
Strange, I find unit one a lot more difficult than unit two.
The ISA's have really let me down though :frown: I've done terrible in them but really want an A in biology

Are you able to retake the AS ISA during the A2 year? -Also got quite (very) bad ISA scores

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending