The Student Room Group

Transfer to Cambridge after 1 year at UCL economics

I was wondering if it was possible to transfer to Cambridge without going through UCAS because I have missed the UCAS application deadline, or in other words, didn't consider this option beforehand. So I would like to know if anyone has succeeded before, what reasons they gave, and how they did it. Many thanks.
Original post by Transferpossible
I was wondering if it was possible to transfer to Cambridge without going through UCAS because I have missed the UCAS application deadline, or in other words, didn't consider this option beforehand. So I would like to know if anyone has succeeded before, what reasons they gave, and how they did it. Many thanks.

I believe not. Transfers must be done via Ucas as far as I know and the deadline was a long time ago.
Original post by ageshallnot
I believe not. Transfers must be done via Ucas as far as I know and the deadline was a long time ago.

Thank you.
Thank you.

My friend transferred from Cambridge to Bath without going through ucas, but given how tough it is to get in to Cambridge they will expect you to do a brand new application through ucas

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I'm aware, you cannot transfer to Cambridge. You can complete an application to be considered for first year entry, but I've heard they discourage such applications - especially from other top unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
As far as I'm aware, you cannot transfer to Cambridge. You can complete an application to be considered for first year entry, but I've heard they discourage such applications - especially from other top unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Thank you

Can I transfer to Cambridge from another university?
It’s not possible to transfer to Cambridge to pursue only part of a degree course all students must start in the first year of our three or four-year undergraduate programmes and the Colleges will only consider applications to move to Cambridge from students enrolled on a degree course at other universities in very exceptional circumstances.

We do have a system of admitting graduates from other universities to do a second undergraduate degree as an affiliated student at Cambridge, in which case the course takes a year less than usual.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/find-out-more/faq
Reply 7
How did your friend transfer to Cambridge without ucas please?
Original post by Princepieman
As far as I'm aware, you cannot transfer to Cambridge. You can complete an application to be considered for first year entry, but I've heard they discourage such applications - especially from other top unis.Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
missnazzater how did your friend transfer to Cambridge without Ucas please
Reply 9
Original post by Sarah47
How did your friend transfer to Cambridge without ucas please?

You can't transfer to Cambridge except in exceptional circumstances.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/find-out-more/faq
Can I transfer to Cambridge from another university?
Cambridge Colleges will only, as a matter of principle, consider applications from students enrolled in a degree course at other UK universities in very exceptional circumstances.
Any application to study at Cambridge would need strong support from your Course Director or other academic tutor at your current university. A reference or letter of recommendation from that person to the Cambridge College would be required, and only then can a Cambridge College consider an application. All such applications are still subject to the same academic assessment as any other application to the University.
We do have a system of admitting graduates from other universities to do a second undergraduate degree as an affiliated student at Cambridge, in which case the course takes a year less than usual.
You can't "transfer" you'd have to restart from Y1.
Reply 11
Original post by Sarah47

You best bet is to complete your course at UCL and, if Cambridge still appeals, do your MPhil there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah47

He transferred from Cambridge to bath which is easier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending