The Student Room Group

Lost A-Level certificates

I recently decided to get all my certificates together in one place in case I need them and I can't find my A Level certificates anywhere :s-smilie:, I can only find the statements of results. Will I need to get the certificates replaced/certified statement of results for when i'm applying for jobs, or will employers accept just the original statement of results?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Statement of results are not usually accepted. A lot of jobs will ask you for proof of your highest level of qualification. I know a lot of grad roles will ask you for this. Don't worry though you can buy replacements from all of the exam boards.
Original post by Kre
Statement of results are not usually accepted. A lot of jobs will ask you for proof of your highest level of qualification. I know a lot of grad roles will ask you for this. Don't worry though you can buy replacements from all of the exam boards.

I agree.
No one asks for the certificates, I'm yet to be asked for any. Don't worry about it and worst case, you can rebuy them.
The best thing to do is to buy replacement proof of qualification from the exam boards now. I think some of the boards can take a long time to send the proof so you shouldn't wait until someone asks for it.
Reply 5
Original post by tehFrance
No one asks for the certificates, I'm yet to be asked for any. Don't worry about it and worst case, you can rebuy them.

Guess it depends on the firm, but I was asked for original certificates of my highest level of qualification. These were and still are my A-levels since I've not graduated yet, so I had to send them off (reluctantly).
Original post by Kre
Guess it depends on the firm, but I was asked for original certificates of my highest level of qualification. These were and still are my A-levels since I've not graduated yet, so I had to send them off (reluctantly).

Out of every job I have held, zero, that's right zero have asked for proof! I could claim to be the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and I'm sure no one would want proof, these are jobs in London which require experience and and a degree.
Reply 7
Original post by tehFrance
Out of every job I have held, zero, that's right zero have asked for proof! I could claim to be the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and I'm sure no one would want proof, these are jobs in London which require experience and and a degree.

Out of the one grad role I accepted, they asked. :tongue: Did they ask for a university transcript instead?
Original post by Kre
Out of the one grad role I accepted, they asked. :tongue: Did they ask for a university transcript instead?

Nothing, I have been asked for nothing. If it is the norm for people to ask, I must wonder why no one is asking me for proof :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending