The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies 2015 Buss 1/2

Scroll to see replies

In how much detail do we need to know TQM?
Original post by miacat
In how much detail do we need to know TQM?

Hey, just that it's a culture of using the employees within an organisation to achieve quality - if a question is asked about it, it will ask you to relate to thr case study :smile:
BUSS2 predictions?
What topics should we revise the most?

I can remember all of the theories, formulas etc but yeah is anyone else struggling on:

competitiveness, customer service, marketing mix (mainly product tbh) and technology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's your problem in these areas? Answering questions, retaining knowledge?..
Original post by diamondluck
BUSS2 predictions?
What topics should we revise the most?

I can remember all of the theories, formulas etc but yeah is anyone else struggling on:

competitiveness, customer service, marketing mix (mainly product tbh) and technology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by De Re Publica
What's your problem in these areas? Answering questions, retaining knowledge?..

Well I guess just remembering it :/ there's so much! How are you revising it? Do you think it is crucial to learn those topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For BUSS2 is the exam technique the same as buss1? Eg - start off with a definition etc..

Exactly the same.
Timing is an issue.
Two case studies.
Mark's roughly 6 7 13 14 on each.
There is so much content to learn for BUSS2 :-(
Thanks!
Original post by Pippadoll
Exactly the same.
Timing is an issue.
Two case studies.
Mark's roughly 6 7 13 14 on each.
Original post by diamondluck
Well I guess just remembering it :/ there's so much! How are you revising it? Do you think it is crucial to learn those topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say it's important to know (even if it's basic knowledge) the chapters/areas in this unit. The reason it so content heavy is because it carries the highest percentage of any A level Bussiness exam (out of the 4 units.) I've been revising throughout the year (in the evenings after sixth form, etc) so, yeah that's how I remembered the content.
Does anyone have good revision notes, the ones ive seen so far are either too brief or full of pointless content,

Would be much appreciated if you could share
Reply 610
have people started revising?

im going to leave it a week until i start buss2
Original post by Jamesd678
have people started revising?

im going to leave it a week until i start buss2

Have not started at all?
Reply 612
Have not started at all?

no not yet, i dont even have a teacher lmfao, i managed to memorize the whole of unit 1 in about 2 days so il give it a week before i start doing unit 2
no not yet, i dont even have a teacher lmfao, i managed to memorize the whole of unit 1 in about 2 days so il give it a week before i start doing unit 2

FairPlay, how did you find unit 1?
Reply 614
FairPlay, how did you find unit 1?

yea not bad, missed out allot of easy marks, all definitions were on point though and didnt think i did too bad on the 15 markers.

Yourself?
yea not bad, missed out allot of easy marks, all definitions were on point though and didnt think i did too bad on the 15 markers.

Yourself?

Ah, what did you get for the fixed cost question? And The last question was a bit of a mess for me - I didn't manage to calculate any potential profit, but I did evaluate his situation other wise (using other points)
I can't seem to memorise the formulas!
Original post by TheHonestMisty
I can't seem to memorise the formulas!

Separate them into; financial formulas, people formulas, operations formulas and marketing formulas - then learn each section. To break it up will make it easier to learn, as oppose to learning them all at once.
Reply 618
This thread should be here
Reply 619
Ah, what did you get for the fixed cost question? And The last question was a bit of a mess for me - I didn't manage to calculate any potential profit, but I did evaluate his situation other wise (using other points)

i got 8000 i think, i also didnt work out the potential profit for the last question, although i did say that he would be making less money in his current position (calculation) as he would opposed to working full-time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending