The Student Room Group

6 most highest paid jobs

Scroll to see replies

andy_1989
Law is good but only partners in top city firms earn masses of money, I no that qualified lawyers in top city firms can expect aroung a maximum of £55,000 - not masses but a pretty good salary. Does anyone how this figure goes up? Do you have to be made partner before you start earning 6 figures?

I'm sorry but you are so very wrong. Lawyers don't get £55,000, at least not at top London law firms. If you look at Clifford Chance or Allen & Overy you get £60,000 + a ridiculous amount of other benefits upon qualification from your training contract. And that's only the first year for Associates. You can then become a Senior Associate, Partner and eventually end up in management. You also get bonuses (even as an associate) based on your progress so you can earn thousands of pounds if you work your arse off :P.
Bartek_1928
I'm sorry but you are so very wrong. Lawyers don't get £55,000, at least not at top London law firms. If you look at Clifford Chance or Allen & Overy you get £60,000 + a ridiculous amount of other benefits upon qualification from your training contract. And that's only the first year for Associates. You can then become a Senior Associate, Partner and eventually end up in management. You also get bonuses (even as an associate) based on your progress so you can earn thousands of pounds if you work your arse off :P.

Please, explain to me how people manage to bump threads that were started in 2006.

Did you search for it specifically, or did you just skip straight to page 5835757 of TSR?
GodspeedGehenna
Please, explain to me how people manage to bump threads that were started in 2006.

Did you search for it specifically, or did you just skip straight to page 5835757 of TSR?

I just looked up 'top paying jobs' and funnily enough this came up. It's out of date but seems to be the most relevent.
Reply 43
Bartek_1928
I just looked up 'top paying jobs' and funnily enough this came up. It's out of date but seems to be the most relevent.

But why then contribute/resurect a dead thread?

The poster you quoted said pay was 9% lower than the figure you used.

That was 18 months ago now, its no suprise its gone from 55 to 60k.

Just why bother?
Quady
But why then contribute/resurect a dead thread?

The poster you quoted said pay was 9% lower than the figure you used.

That was 18 months ago now, its no suprise its gone from 55 to 60k.

Just why bother?

Because I didn't look at the date and how does me posting on this thread inconvenience you enough to be so argumentative about this. I didn't see the date, that's all. Considering that this is a pretty hot topic, especially for university graduates, I thought the first thread that comes up would not be 3-4 years out of date.
Reply 45
a funds manager for whoever asked is a job where you take a company's money and swap it into a currency that is doing particularly well then swap it back to make a profit! They usually work for a bank!
Reply 46
Network marketing can be quite rewarding if you play your cards right
TMorello
Network marketing can be quite rewarding if you play your cards right

Amway pays well ? :rofl:
Reply 48
Does it
Reply 49
Crab,octopus and some others fishing jobs can be paid rather well. and you dont need years of schools. though its dangerous,stressing and you work non-stop can be working 10-20-30-60hour in line. As long theres are stuff that being fished u work :biggrin:.

salary varies alot. you can make as little as lowest jobs, or more then any. all depend on your luck,(tons of fishs,crabs)

10 000$- 60 000$ a week.
you average 25k a week as a newcommer.

Why is it that well paid?. becose you dont work by hours wages, all the crabs worth $ and its all split betwen crew. if ship can hold 3-6millions worth of crabs . its millions split.

Though ship repair,handling and others cost a bunch.
I think a free lance IT jobs can give you a very good money. IT jobs such as development and designing are very highly paid jobs now adays if you are skillful.
Original post by andy_1989
Law is good but only partners in top city firms earn masses of money, I no that qualified lawyers in top city firms can expect aroung a maximum of £55,000 - not masses but a pretty good salary. Does anyone how this figure goes up? Do you have to be made partner before you start earning 6 figures?

:lolwut: £55,000 is really below the MINIMUM in a "top city firm", and that would be NQs with no experience; it is nowhere near the maximum.

If you're talking about the Magic Circle firms then they wouldn't even earn that lowly.

Some american firms (I believe Skadden Arps is one example) start newly qualified lawyers on £94,000.

http://www.rollonfriday.co.uk/InsideInfo/UKCityFirms/tabid/68/Default.aspx A table of most of the City firms with their payscales. Click on them for bonus info, working hours, etc.
Reply 52
Err, 'most highest'?! It is obvious that you will hold one of these aforementioned highest paid jobs.
Reply 53
erm celebrity?
lololol
Reply 54
Property developers/Estate agents.

Estate agents are the most over-paid b***rds in the whole property industy imo!
Reply 55
Original post by LDK
Im wondering what you all think would be the top 6 richest paid jobs. Medicine and Dentistry obviously are up there but what else after that?

Not really, I mean that's not to say doctor's and dentists aren't well payed, they are but there are a lot more jobs where you can make a lot more money.
Celebrity football player.
Yes celebrity.
They have contracts in MILLIONS in terms of promotion and their wages are astronomical.
Imagine pocketing a cool 20 mill a year in ad revenue and a nice 250k a WEEK.
Even top CEOs don't get that much.
Hedge fund manager is without a doubt the highest paying job.

To put this into perspective, the CEOs of investment bank get $30-40million/year. Hedge fund managers typically take hundreds of millions, Greg Coffey (a prominent hedge fund manager in London) took ~$500million last year...and he's only in his 30s. The head of a hedge fund would touch a billion a year, David Tepper made $4billion last year - making him the highest paid hedge fund manager in the world.
Reply 58
...cannot be accessed by those calling them the "6 most highest paid jobs"
Reply 59
Original post by Kotendo
Crab,octopus and some others fishing jobs can be paid rather well. and you dont need years of schools. though its dangerous,stressing and you work non-stop can be working 10-20-30-60hour in line. As long theres are stuff that being fished u work :biggrin:.

salary varies alot. you can make as little as lowest jobs, or more then any. all depend on your luck,(tons of fishs,crabs)

10 000$- 60 000$ a week.
you average 25k a week as a newcommer.

Why is it that well paid?. becose you dont work by hours wages, all the crabs worth $ and its all split betwen crew. if ship can hold 3-6millions worth of crabs . its millions split.

Though ship repair,handling and others cost a bunch.

Only a few months late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending