The Student Room Group

Should I wear Jeans to an interview?

I have an interview on Thursday and I was wondering whether it would be acceptable to wear jeans, a smart top, blazer and flat shoes?

I was thinking to wear my black Joni Jeans from TopShop.

I'm applying for a retail position but the interview email says "Please note that you should treat this session as you would an interview and dress accordingly"
Original post by Bubble_10
I have an interview on Thursday and I was wondering whether it would be acceptable to wear jeans, a smart top, blazer and flat shoes?

I was thinking to wear my black Joni Jeans from TopShop.

I'm applying for a retail position but the interview email says "Please note that you should treat this session as you would an interview and dress accordingly"

Then no, that's exactly what they are telling you not to do.
I don't think it would be an issue, if you're comfortable in it. If they have uniform it's unlikely to weigh heavily on their choice. Go for it, blazer / jeans balances out nicely.
Reply 3
Nope. Needs to be full formal.
Don't.

You can never go wrong with smart trousers and a shirt and it is always better to be over dressed for an interview than under dressed.
If you don't want to get the job go for it
Buy a decent suit and wear it. Although there's a chance wearing the jeans won't be counted against you, it isn't worth the risk.
Wear Jeans? Unless you're interviewing for Levi's safer to wear a suit :tongue:
Reply 8
Black skinny Jeans with blazer and a shirt, why not. As long as you feel comfortable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending