The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It is depressing as it seems impossible. People say go for shorter girls but they don't want us short guys either. :sad:I feel like no girl would want me because of my height I don't want to just to work all my life and have no one special.

come on man, if a girl decides whether she'll date you based on your height and nothing else she's not gonna be worth the time.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's terrible how these are the "problems" in our lives these days. Height shouldn't play a factor man, if a girl likes you, she likes you for you and not your height. As Corey said, the girl isn't worth your time if she's debating to go on a date with you because of your height. You make it sound like it's the end of the world. I'm sorry but this isn't even a problem, you are who you are, deal with it. To even think you thought about suicide because of your height saddens me. How much effort have you put into girls?
I promise the reason you havent got a girlfriend is not due to your height
you just havent met the right person yet
no one who cares about height is worth dating
hang on in there man
im 5'1 and i would date a 5'4 guy
Reply 5
Original post by corey7695
come on man, if a girl decides whether she'll date you based on your height and nothing else she's not gonna be worth the time.

No it means that she doesn't like short guys like every other girl. You might as well say all girls are not worth my time. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
It's terrible how these are the "problems" in our lives these days. Height shouldn't play a factor man, if a girl likes you, she likes you for you and not your height. As Corey said, the girl isn't worth your time if she's debating to go on a date with you because of your height. You make it sound like it's the end of the world. I'm sorry but this isn't even a problem, you are who you are, deal with it. To even think you thought about suicide because of your height saddens me. How much effort have you put into girls?

How do you deal with the fact that you will never get a girlfriend because of your height? Sure it's not the end of the world but never being able to find someone feels pretty crappy, especially if it's because of something you have no control over.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Also, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3172625

Pretty much all girls say they notice height in a guy (regardless of their own height). Look at that thread of you think it's just in my head. What chance does a guy my height have when 5'0" girls think it's a turn off?
How old are you?
Reply 9
Original post by MsFahima
How old are you?

Original post by Loafing.Charizard
I'm sorry but this isn't even a problem, you are who you are, deal with it.

Listen, everyone's problems seem small to someone else. Don't be so ignorant.

To the OP: Not everyone can be born with perfect proportions or genetics. If I was you I'd just play on it, make it something you can joke about at your own expense. I've never met a girl who doesn't like a funny guy and it shows a degree of humbleness to make mockery of yourself and it takes away the chance for anyone to be an ass to you about it.

Don't get down on yourself, there are plenty of girls smaller than 5"4 so you can still be the taller one!

Duuuddee! You're only 21 and have lots of people to meet in the coming few years! I'm sure you will find a girl who likes you. Being short isn't the worst thing is it?

Cheer up! :hugs:
Original post by corey7695

I'm sorry but that is clearly rubbish. Lots of really nice women have a thing against blokes that are shorter than them. It is very prevalent. It's really harsh actually, it dwarfs a lot of things men get a bad rap for being shallow. Women seem incredibly picky when it comes to height, more so than men on stuff like boobs or bum imo. I feel really sorry for unusually small guys since it is incredibly unfair. There are lots of girls worth your time who will just automatically reject you for being small, I can't imagine how depressing that is. No one really complains about it like people complain about women being judged on their boob size etc.

Words from a tall guy who has, however, never had a girlfriend :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MsFahima
Duuuddee! You're only 21 and have lots of people to meet in the coming few years! I'm sure you will find a girl who likes you. Being short isn't the worst thing is it?

Cheer up! :hugs:

If girls don't like 21 year old short guys why would they like a 28 year old one etc. When it comes to attracting a girl, being short IS the worst thing if you're a guy.
If girls don't like 21 year old short guys why would they like a 28 year old one etc. When it comes to attracting a girl, being short IS the worst thing if you're a guy.

It's okay. Just wait and see. :smile:
do girls often reject you how do you know its due to your height
Original post by liquid funk
Listen, everyone's problems seem small to someone else. Don't be so ignorant.

To the OP: Not everyone can be born with perfect proportions or genetics. If I was you I'd just play on it, make it something you can joke about at your own expense. I've never met a girl who doesn't like a funny guy and it shows a degree of humbleness to make mockery of yourself and it takes away the chance for anyone to be an ass to you about it.

Don't get down on yourself, there are plenty of girls smaller than 5"4 so you can still be the taller one!

Yes there are plenty of girls shorter than me but even they don't want a guy my height.

See this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3253559

and a thread about height now: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3253559
Original post by karl pilkington
do girls often reject you how do you know its due to your height

Because girls do not find short guys attractive as you can see from the threads about height recently.
Reply 18
First of all, 5'4" isn't even that short..honestly. Danny devito is 4'11", for example, you are a bit short, but you could be a lot smaller. Secondly, if someone is even worth investing any of your time and effort in they will not allow your height to be barrier. For most people, it is definitely not absolutely essential that their partner has to be taller than them. Just find people with similar interests to you and I'm sure you'll find a girl who likes you. There are plenty of girls who are under 5'4. I Always think that a sense of humour can make anyone likeable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Because girls do not find short guys attractive as you can see from the threads about height recently.

no but have you actually put yourself out there or are you just feeling sorry for yourself? You have to at least try before giving up

Latest

Trending

Trending