The Student Room Group

few girls have genuine interests

Scroll to see replies

Most girls from your area might just not be that interested in Tennis or just at another club? It's not popular where I am from.. That's just like saying why in gymnastic classes is it female dominated than males typically?
Reply 41
I think most of the intellectual women are not the most beautiful ones but rather the less good looking ones
Original post by LSD
Have you also ever considered that girls aren't able to talk to you about their genuine interests because you never shut up about your local table tennis club and therefore they can't get a word in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confused. Are you trying to be funny? Or what?
Reply 43
For some girls probably but you're putting everyone in the same sack
You clearly just have horrible taste in women.
Original post by Redfrost
OP since I was 13 I've been into sport, keeping fit and weight training. I've never bothered with dressing up/ nights out etc and Friday evenings always trained (I'll admit part of this was cause I had no friends but at least I didn't sit in the house lol).

Anyway Ive never attracted guys, I think I have loads in common with guys on my sports teams but their girlfriends are always sat watching them often doing their hair in a mirror and applying makeup. Make up and looking pretty must be what attracts men more than hobbies and so this is the females main priority. Any hobby/gym work might ruin the make up.

Exactly. And most girls end up focusing solely on their looks.
Original post by CottageCheese
poor you

poor pretty princesses or poor hobby
Original post by LSD
Have you also ever considered that girls aren't able to talk to you about their genuine interests because you never shut up about your local table tennis club and therefore they can't get a word in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM
It's your opinion. I know a lot of girls that have many interests who don't rely on looks. Maybe that's because I go to an all girls school and most girls really don't go "seeking" to impress boys and actually do have hobbies. So I can't really comment. Although I wouldn't class girls with genuine interests as a 'small minority'.. there's loads out there.
Original post by rhiannonsweeney
It's your opinion. I know a lot of girls that have many interests who don't rely on looks. Maybe that's because I go to an all girls school and most girls really don't go "seeking" to impress boys and actually do have hobbies. So I can't really comment. Although I wouldn't class girls with genuine interests as a 'small minority'.. there's loads out there.

Actually you raise a good point - one which I hadn't considered. That is in an environment such as an all girls school perhaps you see girls flourish in other ways because there is no distraction of guys in any way. There's no need to impress or look good for them. So in that sense it would not surprise me to see something different to what I have suggested.

Yet in the real world it is more like what I said.
Original post by le_darkhorse
Well I live in a country that is predominantly British people - of which it appears you are not. Maybe your culture is different.

But my point refers to English girls and also European girls - outside of that I can't speak so much.

Besides - you are in a total minority so you saying I like chess and poker carries very little weight in all fairness.

Finnish girl over here!I play the guitar and know how to rollerblade, ice skate and ski. And I used to take horse-riding lessons, before I moved to the UK. Nowadays majority of my time is occupied with university, work and volunteering, however I do box regularly and occasionally do the aforementioned things.

For us Finns, having a hobby is a must from an early age. In the UK, I realised it isn't such a big deal, however there are lot of v. active young people (men & women), particularly in London.
Original post by LSD
I genuinely never shut up about the circus and training to get into the circus. Circus.

Also I will force you to look at many pictures of my urban exploration adventures through abandoned tunnels, castles and old mental hospitals.

And I will show you the many fancy hats and scarves I have knitted because I love knitting.

It's excruciating trying to find a boy with any genuine interests, especially ones that are half as interesting as mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you want in a man ?

does football, video games and tv shows and "drinking" put you off ?
Original post by SophieSmall
You clearly just have horrible taste in women.

what? wanting a girl with individuality?
what? wanting a girl with individuality?

Nothing wrong with wanting a girl who as individual. What I am saying is, judging by you apparently being "unable" to find any you are clearly looking in the wrong place and have bad, or in nicer words an incompatible taste in women.

Get your head out of your arse and start looking with your eyes, not through some red pill bull**** screen.
(edited 9 years ago)
oh man. I really wish you hadn't used "poker" or "chess" as your examples, because a) chess is ****ing nerdy, and b) those aren't interesting hobbies by any count.
also, you really ought to consider the fact that many guys don't really have any real interests either, apart from football
Personally, I'm not interested in Chess or Poker. But, to be honest I have never gave them a "go" to see if I would actually enjoy it. Sometimes with some boys they also do lack individuality.. I think it just depends where you're brought up and your surroundings. Like it's difficult these days from the area i'm from to find a friend who actually doesn't excessive drink to have fun.
did i say WHAT? No. I said it would be nice if girls expressed individuality as people.

But you make a clear distinction as to what you would argue as someone expressing their individuality. Okay so you would Argue that whoever plays tennis regularly and takes an interest in magic is more superior to someone who takes an Interest / appreciates what it takes to create a film?
Reply 57
It's not just females mate...life is easy for good looking men as well as women. Being attractive instantly helps you at being popular, social and recognised.
Have you noticed how you can never talk to a girl about chess or poker or something similar? When was the last time you spoke to a girl who could play the guitar or some other instrument? It's as if girls' interest revolve around the mundane every day things like shopping and films.

Can they not stretch themself in life for something? Why do they rest on their looks to get them whatever they only NEED? Where's the imagination and creativity? Why are they such a minority? Girls don't really seem to care about anything and therefore don't seem to put much effort into doing other things. It's literally as if a pretty girl turns up and goes to work/uni/whatever and just lets life pass her by and get accustomed to her comfort zone of being a girl whose wanted with little else to her repertoire.

What I'm talking about here is not education or even to an extent career goals - but what differentiates you as a person? I find that every girl I meet is more likely than not a girl who takes things for granted (and if they're pretty and in demand - I suppose who can blame them?) - But it's like there's very little distinction between girls' attitudes. It seems they don't want to add any value to themselves as people but instead rely on their looks/other people to get them through things in life.

My friend (a fairly standard looking guy, not ugly but not particularly handsome), recently found out that a girl who happens to have a really gorgeous face want him. 2 weeks later down the line and they are together. It's like boom - girl WANTS something, it's hers. She doesn't? No effort then. That's how I see alot of girls. In fact, the prettier they are the worse the sort of princess syndrome gets I find - and it makes sense. If you are pretty and a girl you get whatever it is you need - why work for something?

I find it sad.

What do you think girls?

Obviously the phrasing of your post is dreadful. However, I would agree that many women seem to be lacking in personality that is to say that they seem to have very little in the way of hobbies or interests outside of education/work. Similarly, though, there are many men who are lacking in personality and care only about beer/"going on the pull"/videogames/watching TV.

Basically, I think in the end that boring people will end up with boring people. My partners have all been very interested in one or two things and have been able to play at least one instrument to a high standard. They've also been independently-minded and have wanted to achieve on their own merits, not sponge off others.

Nobody is saying you need to have super exotic interests like collecting French postcards from the 1500s, but it's nice to be with somebody who is passionate about something doesn't really matter what it is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Astronomical
Obviously the phrasing of your post is dreadful. However, I would agree that many women seem to be lacking in personality that is to say that they seem to have very little in the way of hobbies or interests outside of education/work. Similarly, though, there are many men who are lacking in personality and care only about beer/"going on the pull"/videogames/watching TV.

Basically, I think in the end that boring people will end up with boring people. My partners have all been very interested in one or two things and have been able to play at least one instrument to a high standard. They've also been independently-minded and have wanted to achieve on their own merits, not sponge off others.

Nobody is saying you need to have super exotic interests like collecting French postcards from the 1500s, but it's nice to be with somebody who is passionate about something doesn't really matter what it is.

Exactly, it can be argued both ways. Some people from both genders lack personality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending