The Student Room Group

Anybody own a Fiat 500 Pop?

I'm hoping to pass my test this year, I started driving lessons towards the end of January but I've only done 14 hours so far! Anyway, I want a car at the end of it all, but I want to do it on a monthly payment basis? Basically paying for insurance and the car put together. I know that Fiat do this for young drivers, and I'm really attracted to their offer. However, I was just wondering how good are these cars? And on the Fiat website it said that they change gears themselves, so are they automatic? Just want some opinions on people who own them, as I really like the look of them. But I'm trying not to get drawn in with how cute they look!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
They've got a good reputation and for your first car, god, lucky you. My first car is a MK6 Fiesta. Check carbuyer.co.uk really good, there's a video for most modern vehicles. I also presume you mean fuel and go? Most companies do this providing you're over 21, check out marmalade insurance, they do it too with fiestas/corsa/fiat 500 etc..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by AntW161
They've got a good reputation and for your first car, god, lucky you. My first car is a MK6 Fiesta. Check carbuyer.co.uk really good, there's a video for most modern vehicles. I also presume you mean fuel and go? Most companies do this providing you're over 21, check out marmalade insurance, they do it too with fiestas/corsa/fiat 500 etc..

Yeah the marmalade insurance does a really good one for 18-30 year olds! I'm 19, nearly 20 and I'm going to uni this year but living at home. I'm willing to use some of my student loan for the cost of the car as I refuse to be one of those girls that has mummy and daddy pay for everything! I'm never going to own the car but this doesn't really bother me as I'll most likely only be able to have the insurance for the full 3 years, then have to hand the car back in at the end. But at least I'll have had the luxury of having my own little car for 3 years! It's driving experience too, I don't want to pass my test and not have a car to drive, as I'm scared of forgetting things and becoming less confident with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for posting this, I had no idea anything like this existed haha. Will defo look into this for when (if!) I pass my test :tongue: :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by CeeDixon
Yeah the marmalade insurance does a really good one for 18-30 year olds! I'm 19, nearly 20 and I'm going to uni this year but living at home. I'm willing to use some of my student loan for the cost of the car as I refuse to be one of those girls that has mummy and daddy pay for everything! I'm never going to own the car but this doesn't really bother me as I'll most likely only be able to have the insurance for the full 3 years, then have to hand the car back in at the end. But at least I'll have had the luxury of having my own little car for 3 years! It's driving experience too, I don't want to pass my test and not have a car to drive, as I'm scared of forgetting things and becoming less confident with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Providing you don't crash, you'll be set up to go get yourself a good car and insurance will be low (compared to now).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending