The Student Room Group

Mailing application tutor about conditions

I received an conditional offer from Manchester Uni with conditions which I can't meet. They gave me an offer despite my delivered predicted grades to them which are worse than them. Can I write an email about a little lowering the conditions of the offer?
Reply 1
Original post by JoJk0
I received an conditional offer from Manchester Uni with conditions which I can't meet. They gave me an offer despite my delivered predicted grades to them which are worse than them. Can I write an email about a little lowering the conditions of the offer?

It's worth emailing to point out the discrepancy, but I wouldn't ask outright for the offer to be lowered. That's not going to make a good impression. However they may have made a mistake and it's worth prompting them to see if they would double-check it. Or they maybe just don't see you as a strong candidate and will only take you if you do better than your predicted marks. Higher offer grades than those predicted, usually indicate that you're a longshot and have something to prove.
Reply 2
Original post by JoJk0

Did you check the conditions of the course before you applied? If they asked for AAB for example and are asking you for AAB then there is no point in emailing them as this is their standard entry requirement. However if they want you to get AAB and you get offered AAA then email them but the fact that even though your predicted grades are lower than their requirements means that they are already being pretty lenient and I think you should be greatful for getting an offer especially from a Russell group

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoJk0

At the end of the day most unis give out their standard offer regardless of what the applicants predicted grades were as they have set the standard offer as a condition of entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending