The Student Room Group

OCR A2 and AS Geography 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrustratedHorse
Coasts and rivers= features of deposition
Urban and tourism= sustainable management
Those were last year's topics for the 25 marker essays(i don't know the not or cold ones.)
Does anyone want to predict the topics for this year's essays? :smile:

Energy essay topic predictions:
problems
opportunities

Tourism essay predictions:
problems
economic development
anyone got any predictions for the ecosystems or globalisation 30 markers?
Original post by choccy123
Energy essay topic predictions:
problems
opportunities

Tourism essay predictions:
problems
economic development

'Problems' would be the best case scenario because there so much you could write, I mean economic development isn't so bad either BUT pessimism tells me that it might be global patterns in energy and tourism which would be horrible.... you would have to remember chunks of nearly every case study.
BTW, I use both the orange Michael raw text book and the official blue one also.
Anyways exam is in a week :eek: so get ready! I'm starting the final stage of past papers today.

This may help for case studies, at least 20 on the document... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/252380941352?

Predictions for the urban 9 marker?
Original post by DMaster1
Anyone got any ideas on this 6 mark question fro June 2011:

Outline two effects of sea-level change on the development of fluvial landforms.

So Firstly Rias a rias is a flooded river valley caused by sea level change. Not to be confused with a fjord which is a flooded glacial valley.
Second is paried terraced csused by postive isoststic change or negative eustatic causing the downcutting erosion of the river !
Does anyone have the 2015 AS - Human Environment (F752) paper?
Original post by DMaster1
Does anyone have the 2015 AS - Human Environment (F752) paper?

I don't have it, but did sit it last year and do remember a few bits? I could be of some help!
Original post by harrietaa
I don't have it, but did sit it last year and do remember a few bits? I could be of some help!

Thank you. I was keen to see the insert part. I'm just going to focus on the other past papers.

Thanks once again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any predictions for the Earth Hazards or Globalisation essays we have tomorrow?
Good Luck Everyone!
Reply 270
wouldn't suggest earthquakes for the earth hazards essay as that came up last year I'm thinking mass movement or flooding
Reply 271
and for globalisation it was TNCs and aid last year so I'm thinking something on trade
Original post by 12lowww
and for globalisation it was TNCs and aid last year so I'm thinking something on trade

Yeah I was thinking trade too, do you think the other one would be social impacts of globalisation? Also, factors of flooding or impacts?
Reply 273
Original post by Adamp123
Yeah I was thinking trade too, do you think the other one would be social impacts of globalisation? Also, factors of flooding or impacts?

Couldn't say for sure on either prediction. Theres been a question on social impacts of globalisation before they might make it even broader and go for socioeconomic impacts. As for the flooding i would probably sway more to impacts, factors came up in Jan13 and june14 and jan 10 where as impacts have only come up in june 11
Original post by JCP96
Anyone got the paper from June 2014 for global issues? Want to know the essay questions for earth hazards :s-smilie:?

to what extent are the primary impact from earthquakes more serious than the secondary impacts

'successful management in the impacts of earth hazards is increasingly due to technology' discuss
Original post by Adamp123

Hey, have you or anyone else got a copy of the 2015 paper? My teacher didn't even give it to us!
Original post by poppy_alice
to what extent are the primary impact from earthquakes more serious than the secondary impacts

'successful management in the impacts of earth hazards is increasingly due to technology' discuss

sorry just realised i gave you the 2015 questions! 2014 are online
Original post by Caitlin20
Hey, have you or anyone else got a copy of the 2015 paper? My teacher didn't even give it to us!

i do!
i do!

sorry i gave you the skills mark scheme! heres the global issues mark scheme
sorry i gave you the skills mark scheme! heres the global issues mark scheme

Thank you so much! Good luck for tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending