The Student Room Group

OCR A2 and AS Geography 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any ideas on this 6 mark question fro June 2011:

Outline two effects of sea-level change on the development of fluvial landforms.
Reply 21
Original post by DMaster1
I would say talk about any correlation, mention any anomalies and use the data to give examples

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
you can kind of work out the questions if you look at the june 2014 examiner's report :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by charlottealevel
you can kind of work out the questions if you look at the june 2014 examiner's report :smile:

And what did you work out ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by DMaster1
Anyone got any ideas on this 6 mark question fro June 2011:

Outline two effects of sea-level change on the development of fluvial landforms.

1) knickpoints
2) incised meanders
3) river terraces
Reply 25
Original post by charlottealevel

I have read through the report, but can't really see any hints. Do you have any ideas on the essay question?
Original post by maymason
I have read through the report, but can't really see any hints. Do you have any ideas on the essay question?

I couldn't see any strong trends to work out the 25 mark questions.
Reply 27
Good luck to everyone on their physical AS paper tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck all
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Does anyone know what case studies could be used for this essay?
'With reference to two contrasting case studies, describe and explain the differences in the importance of tourism in their economic development.'
I've used Tenerife as a country with high dependancy on tourism but not sure as what to contrast it with.
Reply 30
Well, the AS paper today was rather good!
Reply 31
Original post by Nidfeo
Well, the AS paper today was rather good!

Indeed, just now skeptical about the grade boundaries! Hopefully if wouldn't be ridiculously high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Acton
Indeed, just now skeptical about the grade boundaries! Hopefully if wouldn't be ridiculously high

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 25 markers were abit ewwww, I did the Coastal 25marker - spoke about formation of Headlands & Bays, Wave-cut notches and platforms and Caves, Arches, Stacks and Stumps. Coastline links were really weak! Although, rest of the paper was ACED.
Reply 33
Original post by S.Ahmad
The 25 markers were abit ewwww, I did the Coastal 25marker - spoke about formation of Headlands & Bays, Wave-cut notches and platforms and Caves, Arches, Stacks and Stumps. Coastline links were really weak! Although, rest of the paper was ACED.

Yeah I thought it was a bit pants too as I did coast! I feel that's the only part that may drag my grade down slightly, I didn't think I explicitly explained how they are formed however I focussed on the types of rocks and type of coastlines for each of the landforms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Acton
Yeah I thought it was a bit pants too as I did coast! I feel that's the only part that may drag my grade down slightly, I didn't think I explicitly explained how they are formed however I focussed on the types of rocks and type of coastlines for each of the landforms
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, my interpretation of the question was explicitly say formation of landforms and use examples of coastlines which have that feature present so, one my points:

Swanage Bay - Discordant geology, alternating layers of resistant and less resistant rock running parallel to the coastline - and then onto saying how headlands and bays are formed.
Reply 35
Original post by S.Ahmad
Oh, my interpretation of the question was explicitly say formation of landforms and use examples of coastlines which have that feature present so, one my points:

Swanage Bay - Discordant geology, alternating layers of resistant and less resistant rock running parallel to the coastline - and then onto saying how headlands and bays are formed.

Yeah that's the similar pattern, just worried about scoring less then 20 marks tb, but rest of paper should make up me marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Acton
Yeah that's the similar pattern, just worried about scoring less then 20 marks tb, but rest of paper should make up me marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, goodluck! I still haven't started revision for the Human paper - should really start!
Did you do Cold Environments, or Arid?
Reply 37
Original post by S.Ahmad
Yeah, goodluck! I still haven't started revision for the Human paper - should really start!
Did you do Cold Environments, or Arid?

Yes same here! I Did two hours of human revision with my teacher after the exam :frown: but I was so not paying attention, I did cold environments, what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Acton
Yes same here! I Did two hours of human revision with my teacher after the exam :frown: but I was so not paying attention, I did cold environments, what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could potentially do some together, perhaps? I did the cold environments as well, it was such a beautiful section relative to previous years - Glacial valleys and misfit streams. The following 6 marker was beautiful, really gave me the opportunity to use geographical terms. Economic opportunities... just classy! I thought both the 9markers we did were quite nice as well - what do you reckon?
Reply 39
Original post by S.Ahmad

On the essay I managed to write 3.5 pages on 2 landforms, not sure what I wrote about to be honest!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending