The Student Room Group

Educational Psychology Doctorate 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ok, I've heard back from Tavistock and was not offered an interview. They had a technical problem with emails, which may explain the delay.
I was just in contact with Cardiff and Bristol. Cardiff have said that they will tell people whether they have an interview next week and interview is late Feb.

Bristol have said that they will shortlist at the end of this month and interview late Feb too.

Hope this alleviates some of the anticipation! Good luck and sorry to those who haven't got an interview from somewhere yet! Don't lose hope!
I heard back from Manchester. No luck. 😁😁😁 Fingers crossed now!
Same. Did not get an interview, but they did email some feedback which was helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Well, I got a no from Tavistock and IoE. This is not looking good! I'm still waiting to hear from UCL...
Hey, all! I got an interview for Bristol and Cardiff. So just because you don't get one, doesn't mean you won't get another. I have a feeling that as more people apply for the courses in bigger cities, there is more competition for places. Good luck again!
Reply 46
No from the IoE too. Gah! Pinning all my hopes on UEL now. Fingers and toes crossed and double crossed. Well done irishG on your interviews. Fingers crossed for UCL for you quiqui!
Reply 47
Thank you Ziggs, but I got an email from UCL this morning and it was also no, so it's definitely not happening for me this year :frown: They had 439 applicants this year apparently.

I got to think about what to do now for my life because I was really hoping that I would get a place to study educational psychology! I might go back to teaching English or working as a TA again.

All the best with UEL Ziggs!

Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting for interviews and maybe you can post some tips for the interviews?
Reply 48
Really sorry to hear that Quiqui - will you try again next year? Good luck with whatever you plan to do next. I'm not holding out much hope so have already applied to finish off my masters and started looking for voluntary work to improve my application for next year (although I'm not really sure it's worth it :-( )
Original post by Ziggs
Really sorry to hear that Quiqui - will you try again next year? Good luck with whatever you plan to do next. I'm not holding out much hope so have already applied to finish off my masters and started looking for voluntary work to improve my application for next year (although I'm not really sure it's worth it :-( )

A number of places want you to have at least 1 year (or more often at least 2 years) of paid work experience, just to let you know
Reply 50
Thanks, i have all i need - just want to keep adding to it over the next year.
Reply 51
I have about 3 or 4 years paid experience working with kids and have a Msc in Philosophy of Mental Disorders, so I thought I would be a good candidate, but maybe not. I'm 31 and used to think the more experienced people would be better, but maybe they prefer people in their twenties?

Thank you Ziggs :smile: I will apply next year and also look into the role of a Speech and Language Therapist as an alternative. I was teaching English to kids and adults in Japan when I first applied, but hated it there, so may try to teach English in Europe. I would like more experience in the psychological work field, but that's like gold dust I think, so hard to get!
Original post by quiqui
I have about 3 or 4 years paid experience working with kids and have a Msc in Philosophy of Mental Disorders, so I thought I would be a good candidate, but maybe not. I'm 31 and used to think the more experienced people would be better, but maybe they prefer people in their twenties?

Thank you Ziggs :smile: I will apply next year and also look into the role of a Speech and Language Therapist as an alternative. I was teaching English to kids and adults in Japan when I first applied, but hated it there, so may try to teach English in Europe. I would like more experience in the psychological work field, but that's like gold dust I think, so hard to get!

You can get it without being an assistant psychologist. Working with children with specialneeds for example
Reply 53
Thank you for the reply. Most of my three years experience was working with children with special needs, mostly those who had autism.
Reply 54
Im out :-(
Reply 55
I'm sorry to hear that Ziggs! I did hear it's very hard to get a place and that people apply sometimes for a couple of years before they get a place. Good luck on next year if you apply and may you do something fun in the meanwhile
Reply 56
Hello! I'm still in undergrad and wanting to go into Ed Psych in the future. But in order to do that, I need to pass my degree right? Right. So, I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to do my research project? It's an online questionnaire and the link is: https://bathreg.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/personality-questionnaire-group-2-2016-copy

I'd really appreciate it!

Psychology solidarity? :biggrin:

But I do legit want to go into Ed Psych so will be following this thread properly from now on :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest