The Student Room Group

Eating disorder potential relapse

Hi.

I recently started a new job, it's been a couple of weeks now, and I really do love it. However, I have long shifts and I lose my appetite as I am working with food, and regularly find that there isn't enough time for food, or whatever food I am eating is completely forced as I am scared of falling into bad patterns (I have been Anorexic a large period of my life, with a recent relapse a couple of months ago, I am weight restored).

I can slowly feel myself spiralling downwards food-wise, for example I have an intense fear of eating anything other than my 'safe' foods that has coincided with my job start. I have lost a couple of lbs, but nothing major - my job is also physically demanding as I am stood and running around all of the time, but feel like I have endless energy without the need to eat.

I know that this isn't full blown Anorexia, but realise that it could be a problem. I was just wondering, if you were me, when would you seek help?

FYI I was dangerously underweight from Anorexia three years ago, after suffering for three years. Since then, I relapsed a couple of times over a couple of years, but this last year I have been in and out of bad restrictive patterns every six weeks or so with my weight yo-yoing between healthy - borderline / underweight.
NOW. If I were you, RIGHT NOW. People who know you know how serious this is because they've seen you go through it before. Don't wait til it gets any worse, please, or you will have even more to do to repair the damage.

Quick Reply

Latest