The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Are accommodation fees paid in 3 equal installments?

How are we expected to pay for UCL student halls? if my weekly rent is £240 for 40 weeks that would make £9600 annually, so my question is whether we're expected to pay this amount every term in equal installments so £3200 every term?

Thank you.
could anyone help me with this please?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
bump
Daymm are you living in a palace? 240 weekly is toooo much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by watch your mouth
Daymm are you living in a palace? 240 weekly is toooo much

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's central London and unfortunately it's just the way it is :cry: very expensive, I wouldn't be able to afford this if they ask for unequal payments as my funds are equal.. I know it don't make really sense I'm sorry ahahaa
Reply 5
Original post by Hatsune Miku
How are we expected to pay for UCL student halls? if my weekly rent is £240 for 40 weeks that would make £9600 annually, so my question is whether we're expected to pay this amount every term in equal installments so £3200 every term?

Thank you.

You don't pay in equal installments, you pay according to how many weeks there are in each term. So cos there are less weeks in your third term, this installment will be the cheapest. The first two are similar. I know all this because I've just completed my first year in student halls. Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RAccurso
You don't pay in equal installments, you pay according to how many weeks there are in each term. So cos there are less weeks in your third term, this installment will be the cheapest. The first two are similar. I know all this because I've just completed my first year in student halls. Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh I see yeah that makes sense not I think about it ahaa, do you think I can negotiate and agree on how much to pay every term? Thank you, it did help a lot :biggrin:
Original post by RAccurso

Posted from TSR Mobile

One question. Do you have to pay the installments all in one go every year? Or pay weekly/ monthly? Is it gonna be the same for all uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Hatsune Miku
ohh I see yeah that makes sense not I think about it ahaa, do you think I can negotiate and agree on how much to pay every term? Thank you, it did help a lot :biggrin:

Ahaha if only you could negotiate with them, unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ErinBliss
One question. Do you have to pay the installments all in one go every year? Or pay weekly/ monthly? Is it gonna be the same for all uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You pay three sums in total, for 3 terms. One sum at the beginning of each term, for that term. So at the start of the year, we had to pay for our accomodation for the first term (sept until beginning of jan). And works so on. I would assume the payment method works the same at all unis, but not sure. This is how it is at UCL though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At UCL you can also pay in monthly instalments, if this would make it easier for your budget. :wink:
Get a form from the accommodation office
Original post by Moonstruck16
Get a form from the accommodation office

Can they let me pay termly installments in equal amounts with that form? :K: I heard about monthly but that's too bothersome. Thank you

Quick Reply