The Student Room Group

Edexcel B Geography

Does anyone have any revision tips? Especially for remembering case studies!

Also, would anyone who has already taken their GCSE exams say the A* grade in geography is hard to achieve? The grade boundaries seem quite agreeable.
(edited 4 years ago)
Im doing my Geog exams soon too. Best way is to make mind maps for each case study, branching out to sub-topics in that case study and then those sub-branches need to branch out to names, numbers, causes, effects, solutions.
:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by valbrechts
Im doing my Geog exams soon too. Best way is to make mind maps for each case study, branching out to sub-topics in that case study and then those sub-branches need to branch out to names, numbers, causes, effects, solutions.
:smile:

Thank you for the tip! :smile: what specification are you taking? Will you be doing a Decision Making paper? If so, do you have any tips on how to best prepare for that? That's the geography exam that I'm most anxious for !
WJEC.

For problem solving you'll need to know things such as pull/push factors (crime, jobs etc),and things like the 'Green Wall' but I think you can just use common sense for it b/c you're given options in the paper. Pretty sure theres no case study in it. Ask your teacher though (incase im wrong D:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by valbrechts
WJEC.

For problem solving you'll need to know things such as pull/push factors (crime, jobs etc),and things like the 'Green Wall' but I think you can just use common sense for it b/c you're given options in the paper. Pretty sure theres no case study in it. Ask your teacher though (incase im wrong D:smile:

Thanks, I think in the specification I study we're given a case study to read over and make decision ons during the exam. :smile:
I'm doing the same exam board. Unit 1 + 2 + 3 as examination papers. Unit 4 - controlled assessment.
Unit 1 and 2: 6/8 topics, last 4 topics are options, you only choose 2 out of 4.
I've got mocks after Easter, probably get results by May but I think I can hit a high B too, I don't revise though, this one I will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending