The Student Room Group

Any ice hockey fans?

I'm a huge fan of ice hockey and I was just wondering if anyone else here is. I think it's a shame it's not more popular in the UK. I'm a supporter of the Basingstoke Bison and Toronto Maple Leafs.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedStar98
I'm a huge fan of ice hockey and I was just wondering if anyone else here is. I think it's a shame it's not more popular in the UK. I'm a supporter of the Basingstoke Bison and Toronto Maple Leafs.

Right here! :hat2:

Sad that Florida got so close to that wild card spot and blew it/Boston picked up their game, thought the Cats really had a chance this time. :sad: Though I guess I can't complain to a Leafs' fan! :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sabertooth
Right here! :hat2:

Sad that Florida got so close to that wild card spot and blew it/Boston picked up their game, thought the Cats really had a chance this time. :sad: Though I guess I can't complain to a Leafs' fan! :tongue:

It's good to see the Leafs doing a bit better lately, who's your favourite player by the way?
Most of the time I prefer to play the archery game because the techniques are used in this game was outstanding. Discover to maintain a sharp attention on the spot that you want to hit.
Rangers fan since birth
Original post by RedStar98
It's good to see the Leafs doing a bit better lately, who's your favourite player by the way?

Zdeno Chara. :biggrin:

You? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Zdeno Chara. :biggrin:

You? :smile:

Phil Kessel :smile:
PLAYOFFS!!!

:woo:

Who'll take home the Stanley Cup?
:jerry:
Missed the first habs playoff game last night because I was so tired and it started at midnight :frown: but they won!! :biggrin:
I'm A Massive Leafs fan! its annoying because I always ask people do you watch Ice hockey and they all look at me and say really? Ice Hockey?
I wish it was more popular over here!
I flit from team to team cause I have no real affiliation yet. But it's nice being able to appreciate everyone before I hammer down a team to support forever.

Right now, Ducks are looking exceptional so far. The Wild (Game 3) or Blues (Game 4) are looking strong when they actually turn up to play. The winner of that series will go far.

Personally I see a Ducks-Rangers final.
Original post by MrDystopia
Personally I see a Ducks-Rangers final.

You might be right there! :tongue:

Anyone see Shaw's header goal? Brave man, I wouldn't let a puck get that close to my face :biggrin:
Reply 13
You might be right there! :tongue:

Anyone see Shaw's header goal? Brave man, I wouldn't let a puck get that close to my face :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm a hawks fan and this series with the ducks has been gut wrenching. Can't wait for game 7
Duck - Hawks series is just like two heavyweights slugging it out. Every time I look at the scores and see someone 3-0 up, I come back to see it 3-3 or something similar. Incredible.

Out of the 4 teams left, I'd like Tampa Bay to win it, but I still stand by my prediction of Ducks - Rangers final with Rangers taking it.
Any of you guys play? There's quite a lot of hockey fans near me. Right in between Sheffield and Nottingham so, I think I'm gonna go watch some Champions League hockey next year! :biggrin:
I'm a fan of MK Lightning😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by zwatkins66
I'm a fan of MK Lightning😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, are you looking forward to the next season :smile:? Here at Basingstoke we've got a new captain
It'll be a really interesting season. I'm so looking forward to it tho! Like now we have Pete Russell I think MK could be in the runnings but then again so will Telford and Bracknell (imo)... didn't hear about the change with Basingstoke tho, who is it? Because last year wasn't it Chinny and next season he's moving down a league?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by zwatkins66
It'll be a really interesting season. I'm so looking forward to it tho! Like now we have Pete Russell I think MK could be in the runnings but then again so will Telford and Bracknell (imo)... didn't hear about the change with Basingstoke tho, who is it? Because last year wasn't it Chinny and next season he's moving down a league?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have Aaron Connolly as our new captain, and we have a new netminder this season which should be interesting. I also found out today that my favourite player Joe Rand has re-signed so it's all good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest